Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best application of a music track in a movie (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376491)

MonkeeMan 11-11-2005 05:12 PM

Re: Best application of a music track in a movie

[ QUOTE ]
Ride of the Valkyries in Apocalypse Now

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

11-11-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phhh. "Black Betty" in Blow. (Remember, he's struttin thru the airport in his white suit, about to deliver some cocaine.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I also liked "Blinded by the Light", or whatever it's called by whoever sings that thing... the James Gang or whoever. Everytime I hear this song now I think of Blow.

I think of the scene where Johnny Depp is standing in his driveway puffing away while admiring his fleet of cars while his dad nods his head in approval/disapproval.

diebitter 11-11-2005 05:21 PM

This is gonna sound lame, but I always thought the use of 'unchained melody' in Ghost was a pretty damn fine use of a track.

Patrick del Poker Grande 11-11-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is gonna sound lame, but I always thought the use of 'unchained melody' in Ghost was a pretty damn fine use of a track.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're awefully womanly today. What gives?

diebitter 11-11-2005 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're awefully womanly today. What gives?

[/ QUOTE ]

Time of the month.

Cumulonimbus 11-11-2005 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Phhh. "Black Betty" in Blow. (Remember, he's struttin thru the airport in his white suit, about to deliver some cocaine.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I also liked "Blinded by the Light", or whatever it's called by whoever sings that thing... the James Gang or whoever. Everytime I hear this song now I think of Blow.

I think of the scene where Johnny Depp is standing in his driveway puffing away while admiring his fleet of cars while his dad nods his head in approval/disapproval.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's by the Electric Light Orchestra (ELO).

Blarg 11-11-2005 05:37 PM

No it's not.

offTopic 11-11-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's by the Electric Light Orchestra (ELO).

[/ QUOTE ]

Manfred Mann's Earthband

trying2learn 11-11-2005 05:43 PM

springsteen wrote it...

my submission is, "stuck in the middle with you" and the ear lopping scene in Resevoir Dogs.

offTopic 11-11-2005 05:44 PM

One of my favorite movie scenes is when Tuco Ramirez is running around the cemetery to "The Ecstasy of Gold".