Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Shaving (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385053)

yellowjack 11-25-2005 02:24 PM

Re: Shaving

[ QUOTE ]

An ancient mystery no doubt. How about the fuckers right under your cheek/jaw line? I can never get the razor angle perfect enough to get a smooth feel there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice curling your razor around there in short strokes. Of course, attacking from all directions helps.

Voltron87 11-25-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
related question, why is it always harder and more painful to shave the hairs on the front of my chin then the hairs on the side/bottom of my cheek?

[/ QUOTE ]

An ancient mystery no doubt. How about the fuckers right under your cheek/jaw line? I can never get the razor angle perfect enough to get a smooth feel there.

I tried growing a beard so I wouldn't have to shave, but hey, I like sex and it made obtaining said sex too difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the same problem w/ the bottom jaw ones. i use a razor + generic cream, would going electric help with this maybe?

jackdaniels 11-25-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
attacking from all directions helps

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I wind up doing. It takes me longer to do those spots than the rest of the face combined. I was considering a move to electric, but heard that it would take LONGER. Anyone wanna prove/disprove this myth?

J-Lo 11-25-2005 02:52 PM

right below jaw line.... this is how u do it...

1.) shave above jawline in the normal downward stroke.
2.) then PULL the skil form below the jaw line UP to above the jaw line, and hold it. You pull by using you left hand's 4 fingers (not thumb) on your right side in an underhand manner. So, the thumb on your left hand is pointing at your right ear.
3.) look in the mirror, and carefully shave (with your right hand) the new "above jawline" area... release and it should be very very smooth, like above jawline. Come back and write an OOT trip report. I know people say not to pull your skin while shaving, but this beats having a bunch of cuts down there....

jackdaniels 11-25-2005 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right below jaw line.... this is how u do it...

1.) shave above jawline in the normal downward stroke.
2.) then PULL the skil form below the jaw line UP to above the jaw line, and hold it. You pull by using you left hand's 4 fingers (not thumb) on your right side in an underhand manner. So, the thumb on your left hand is pointing at your right ear.
3.) look in the mirror, and carefully shave (with your right hand) the new "above jawline" area... release and it should be very very smooth, like above jawline. Come back and write an OOT trip report. I know people say not to pull your skin while shaving, but this beats having a bunch of cuts down there....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty friecken genious. I'm gonna test it out in a few days and report back.

evil_twin 11-25-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was considering a move to electric, but heard that it would take LONGER.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried a decent electric razor for a while. It was a short while, it was just never even close to being as good a shave.

AngryCola 11-25-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know people say not to pull your skin while shaving, but this beats having a bunch of cuts down there....

[/ QUOTE ]

If you consistently cut yourself trying to get those spots, you're doing something wrong.
Also, pulling does work, but it can really screw with your skin if you do it too often.

private joker 11-25-2005 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty much screwed unless I use Mach3 Turbo + Gillete complete skin scare.

[/ QUOTE ]

America is hilarious.

This is a classic post and one I will bookmark for a year or so until I get tired of what it represents. nh Sponge.

maryfield48 11-25-2005 05:04 PM

Where's the option for soap applied by a brush?

WDC 11-25-2005 05:07 PM

I use a lotion-- Kiss My Face brand