Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   30/60 SH river bluff (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389958)

ddubois 12-02-2005 08:34 PM

Re: 30/60 SH river bluff

[ QUOTE ]
you could easily be dominated, or have only 3 outs

[/ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to be a nit and point out these are exactly the same.

Spicymoose 12-02-2005 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you could easily be dominated, or have only 3 outs

[/ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to be a nit and point out these are exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I meant that villain could easily have a higher ace, in which case you need to hit your low pair, or that villain could easily have a PP, in which case you need to hit your ace. You don't know which one though, so that makes it even worse.

baronzeus 12-02-2005 08:51 PM

hes never folding a better pair here, but i think you have lots of FE against AQ-AJ-AT-QJ-QT etc. definitely works often enough for it to be +EV.

as for the rest of the hand, i play the flop and turn the same. sometimes i donk the turn, sometimes i c/r the turn, usually i just call because they are smart enough to go to showdown with A high.

Spicymoose 12-02-2005 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hes never folding a better pair here, but i think you have lots of FE against AQ-AJ-AT-QJ-QT etc. definitely works often enough for it to be +EV.

as for the rest of the hand, i play the flop and turn the same. sometimes i donk the turn, sometimes i c/r the turn, usually i just call because they are smart enough to go to showdown with A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get calling the flop. What are you doing when the 2 of nothing hits? As for the turn, how do you play it if you are villain and get check raised with your AT or QT?

etizzle 12-02-2005 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
definitely openraise this preflop. not a fan of the river donk. if you want to see a showdown id rather checkraise the turn and checkfold the river. id rather just checkfold the river though. not any logical hands youre ahead of and i think alot of players will look you up with a strong ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus 12-02-2005 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
definitely openraise this preflop. not a fan of the river donk. if you want to see a showdown id rather checkraise the turn and checkfold the river. id rather just checkfold the river though. not any logical hands youre ahead of and i think alot of players will look you up with a strong ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no one folds to a turn checkraise with A high on that board. i hate that idea.

the only time A high folds is when a scare card hits.

PassiveCaller 12-02-2005 11:59 PM

I don't see a wide range of hands he'll toss here that you beat. At best he'll seemingly toss a few ace highs like AT,AJ,AQ but I wouldnt be shocked to see him call there either unless you have reason to believe otherwise.

Any pair is a pretty easy call.

If you've seen him fold with this line maybe I like it slightly more or if you know he'll toss those Ace Highs.

DeathDonkey 12-03-2005 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no one folds to a turn checkraise with A high on that board. i hate that idea.

the only time A high folds is when a scare card hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with this. To answer about the flop peel I do it because sometimes I'll have a pair, every now and then I'll have a monster, and sometimes he'll check behind on the turn. And I don't want to make it so easy for him to 3 bet my open raise and expect to just take it down, cuz I'm opening alot.

Anyway he folded pretty quickly but that could just mean I had him beat anyway, who knows. This has been a good thread though.

-DeathDonkey