Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Stars VIP = Cash??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405288)

12-26-2005 08:02 PM

Re: Stars VIP = Cash???

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an idea I have been working on: If you purchase the Dell gift certificate, then place an order and pay for part of your order with your Visa card, then return the order, you will get credited the full purchase amount on your Visa.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds like an interesting idea. Has anyone ever tried this before and can verify that it works?

emonrad87 12-26-2005 08:17 PM

Fish like prizes more than cash i suspect. a lot of fish don't care about the $$, but (for whatever reason) get their eyes on a prize and play till they get it.

12-26-2005 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's a good question: what is the point? I don't see how Stars is benefiting from the prizes, except maybe from people saving FPPs more, which seems like small potatoes to them, and fairly easily kept by putting the cash redeem at 50 or 100k points.

I suspect there's a legal issue somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is by giving merchandise stars can buy at wholesale and sell at retail. Effectively your 15% rakeback might only cost stars 10%

[/ QUOTE ]
YES

imported_leader 12-26-2005 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an idea I have been working on: If you purchase the Dell gift certificate, then place an order and pay for part of your order with your Visa card, then return the order, you will get credited the full purchase amount on your Visa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...illegal. It will only work once at most.

miajag81 12-26-2005 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Illegal as in against the law? Why would this be against the law?

imported_leader 12-26-2005 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Illegal as in against the law? Why would this be against the law?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fraud.

12-26-2005 11:01 PM

no it's not. simply returning an item is well within the rules, it's up to them how they decide to credit you. What if someone did this unknowingly and got credited back on their visa? Would you support prosecuting them for fraud? Obviously you wouldn't.

imported_leader 12-26-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no it's not. simply returning an item is well within the rules, it's up to them how they decide to credit you. What if someone did this unknowingly and got credited back on their visa? Would you support prosecuting them for fraud? Obviously you wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever do what you what.

12-26-2005 11:16 PM

Why don't you just explain how it is legally fraud?

Sarge 12-26-2005 11:31 PM

Not fraud in my State, and I work in the field. Don't know if it will work or not though.