Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What does he have and what do I do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363972)

davidross 10-23-2005 11:49 PM

Re: What does he have and what do I do?

I don't think the question is out of line here. I stand by my read that my folding equity is zilch. So is it just automatic early in a tournament to play for all you chips as a probable slight favorite? Seems like a pretty unskilled way to play. Do you just automatically push with AK every time you get it and either double or go out?

10-23-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the question is out of line here. I stand by my read that my folding equity is zilch. So is it just automatic early in a tournament to play for all you chips as a probable slight favorite? Seems like a pretty unskilled way to play. Do you just automatically push with AK every time you get it and either double or go out?

[/ QUOTE ]

You would raise AK in here and then develop a firmer read on the hand, though.

In this situation you just have to push it in. You are behind now but have ample amount of outs.

LearnedfromTV 10-23-2005 11:55 PM

A probable slight favorite with a huge overlay. You are putting 1300 in to win 3085. You need 42% equity for a push to be right if you know he'll call. Call and hit lets him get away, call and miss puts you in a shitty spot.

Plus, he isn't calling EVERY time.

Calling also lets the SB in with the nut flush draw the times he has that, which clearly sucks.

Jason Strasser 10-23-2005 11:59 PM

You have a very good hand David.
-Jason

adanthar 10-24-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand is way way better than AK.

curtains 10-24-2005 04:14 AM

I'd go allin [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Scuba Chuck 10-24-2005 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Christ david.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO

runout_mick 10-24-2005 08:07 AM

Not a flame, but genuinely curious:

Did you take ANY time to think before you pushed all in? I wouldn't contemplate folding for even a split second here and my chips couldn't get in fast enough.

If you DID consider folding, if even briefly, could you explain what your concerns were? I think I get into trouble sometimes when I hit the flop I'm looking for and don't take enough time to consider all the implications...

Just curious...

10-24-2005 10:44 AM

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH. A King may be an out, your flush outs are probably good, and it's possible the straight outs will be good (tho not as likely as someone may already have the straight.

Need I mention that the 2 straight flush outs are DEFINATELY GOOD? This is a no brainer, and a necessary risk to take (if you are currently behind, which it looks like you are) to win tourneys.

EverettKings 10-24-2005 12:25 PM

David

You're right that you probably have no fold equity. But the only other alternative to pushing is to look at a turn card and:
A) Let him bet you out the ~2/3 of the time that you miss
B) Hope you get paid off when another club comes or a 4-straight falls.

If your draw were less obvious then it might be a valid consideration, but here you have to take your action now. Who knows, maybe you'll get JT/KQ/Axc to fold.

Everett