Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   NLO8/b Game, Bottom Trips (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372358)

11-05-2005 10:04 PM

Re: NLO8/b Game, Bottom Trips

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, here we go...I call pre-flop, hoping that someone will raise so I can re-raise them in a show that I am strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play K533 utg *hoping* to get a lot of chips in the pot out-of-position against a player showing strength? Sounds good so far.

Nemmy 11-05-2005 10:33 PM

Yeah. I play poker like I screw - aggressively and some people think it's weird, but I end up doing good in the end.

Ribbo 11-06-2005 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Indeed, I did. Great job. Your IQ has been boosted by one point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still stupid. Until you learn to fold K533 preflop in any position let alone under the gun it is completely pointless telling you anything else about the game since you can't understand the simple concept of not playing trash hands.

niwotyalpi 11-07-2005 04:20 AM

This post is either a joke or it needs to be stickied and titled "How not to play NL O8/b"

Drizztdj 11-08-2005 03:57 PM

Did anyone state his hand was trash pre-flop?

11-08-2005 05:01 PM

You did not make trips. You had a set. Trips means the board is paired. A set is 3-of-a-kind made from pocket pair.

Wintermute 11-08-2005 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. I play poker like I screw - aggressively and some people think it's weird, but I end up doing good in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is funny, because I was thinking something similar... I play poker like I screw - jam all-in every hand w/out any consideration for the opponent, and end up quickly busting out and feeling ashamed.

11-08-2005 05:19 PM

This thread is hurting my eyes.

dabigbadrook 11-08-2005 10:05 PM

Please Re-post hand history

I agree with a former post that asked for more details in this hand. I do not know the blinds, or the size of the stacks. Until I see them, I think this was a "play" money hand. Not to demean you but please add details to make this a more serious post.

dabigbadrook 11-08-2005 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 5.
Hero calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks...

What do you do here? I was playing at a table where people would play almost any hand, and and no one was hitting trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom set on this flop is an insta fold to any bet. The lows are freerolling you let alone "established" high hands. You are fighting uphill against other sets also. Fighting for half the pot is a quick way to lose a lot.