Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Maximizing value/Minimizing loss - 200 NL - $400 stacks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377038)

Go_Blue88 11-12-2005 05:49 PM

Re: Maximizing value/Minimizing loss - 200 NL - $400 stacks

First of all, your raise preflop UTG makes no sense. Not for shania, not for any reason. Fold.

As for the turn: I call here and check the river. This gives him another opportunity for a desparation bluff.

emil3000 11-12-2005 05:54 PM

Preflop raise is fine, what do you mean?

scdavis0 11-12-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, your raise preflop UTG makes no sense. Not for shania, not for any reason. Fold.

As for the turn: I call here and check the river. This gives him another opportunity for a desparation bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-flop I'm raising for value.

11-12-2005 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how LAGs do it....dirty! If you were villian, would you see 85s coming here from a PFR? Exactly.

Go_Blue88 11-12-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how LAGs do it....dirty! If you were villian, would you see 85s coming here from a PFR? Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's how bad LAGs do it.

scdavis0 11-12-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's how bad LAGs do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been outed!

iceman5 11-12-2005 06:30 PM

Im not going broke here. He could easily have 77 or 22. I call his raise and check/call the river.

scdavis0 11-12-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not going broke here. He could easily have 77 or 22. I call his raise and check/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot on river will be $320+ which is less than what either of us have left. Would you check/fold to an all-in?

I'm thinking the stack considerations mean that if you call the turn you should probably just push any river.

Go_Blue88 11-12-2005 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's how bad LAGs do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been outed!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your reasoning for this raise? What do you mean you're "raising for value?"

iceman5 11-12-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot on river will be $320+ which is less than what either of us have left. Would you check/fold to an all-in?

I'm thinking the stack considerations mean that if you call the turn you should probably just push any river.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wouldnt push any river. The guy might shove all in with AT if you check to him and hes tilting. Do you think hes gong to call YOUR all in with AT?

I have no problem with your preflop raise, but theres no such thing as raising for value preflop with 85s