Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Counting outs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376944)

Stealthy 11-12-2005 02:49 PM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I figured i had eightish or so outs but no reason to split hairs as long as i had at least seven i was good. So everyone agrees i have at least seven so far. Anyway when the flop came i almost check/folded and the went wait a minute i have a double gutter and bdfd and called. Even if i knew what my outs were before i checked the flop i still probably wouldn't have bet with the lag on my left.

Turn(3 players 3.5bb): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet, UTG raises, button calls, i make it three, UTG capps, button calls and i call.

River(3 players 15.5bb): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] i bet,UTG raises,button calls, i make it three again,UTG capps again, button calls and i call.

I win a 27+bb pot and am glad i didn't fold that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

The joy of getting the 2 big streets capped 3 handed when you have the nut hand!

Greg J 11-12-2005 03:03 PM

I want to know what they had.

(And I suggest you tell us. You know I can change yr avatar to whatever I want right?)

sean c 11-12-2005 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to know what they had.

(And I suggest you tell us. You know I can change yr avatar to whatever I want right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Greg lol you can give me a donkey or fish avatar i probably deserve one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but lag boy flopped a set of threes and fish girl turned a set of twos.

milesdyson 11-12-2005 03:26 PM

Re: Counting outs

[ QUOTE ]
Party 2/4. Reads: UTG is lag. Button is a passive calling station.

Pre flop: UTG calls, folds to button who calls, SB calls and i check 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

Flop(4 players 4sb): A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB checks, i check,UTG bets, button calls, SB folds and i?

[/ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

11-12-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party 2/4. Reads: UTG is lag. Button is a passive calling station.

Pre flop: UTG calls, folds to button who calls, SB calls and i check 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

Flop(4 players 4sb): A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB checks, i check,UTG bets, button calls, SB folds and i?

[/ QUOTE ]
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I don't understand this. This is a small pot, so we're not protecting anything. We certainly don't have the best hand. We're not folding any diamonds. It seems a slim value bet. We could easily get raised by the LAG. There's barely enough players in the pot, and then when it's two back to SB who checked.

milesdyson 11-12-2005 05:56 PM

this is a pretty raggy ass board. unless someone has an ace or a flush draw, you're going to win here with a bet sometimes. look at all the hands that can't call a bet here.

KQ, KJ, KT, K9, K8, QJ, QT, Q9, Q8, JT, J9, J8, 66, 55, 44, 33, 22 (admittedly these pocket pairs may get called).

yeah, these players will call sometimes if these hands have a big diamond, but this is a lot of hands. also, if they all call, cool. when we hit on the turn, we can c/r the hell out of it. if we get raised, we have an easy call.

just because there's a lag behind us doesn't mean he's going to indiscriminately raise our bet.