Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Drink help. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316869)

Apathy 08-17-2005 02:18 AM

Re: Drink help.

Another good idea, when ordering drinks you feel you can get creative with, add grenadine, especially with run and coke etc.

Mat Sklansky 08-17-2005 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not much for the taste of hard liquor, but I would like some ideas for other manly "cocktails" or drinks I can order at dinner/a bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grenadine?

cbfair 08-17-2005 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another good idea, when ordering drinks you feel you can get creative with, add grenadine, especially with run and coke etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call. Reminds me of an old summer favorite, the tequila sunrise.

yum, yum

Apathy 08-17-2005 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not much for the taste of hard liquor, but I would like some ideas for other manly "cocktails" or drinks I can order at dinner/a bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grenadine?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have the spelling wrong but it is red syrup type stuff that you add (not in too large amounts) to drinks to make them sweeter and taste better. (Non-Alcoholic).

It really helps me stay awake if I find myself falling asleep at a bar. Can't beat the sugar and caffeine combo of grenadine and coke.

Brainwalter 08-17-2005 02:43 AM

You missed the point.

Mat Sklansky 08-17-2005 02:45 AM

I know grenadine and there's nothing wrong with it. But to a new drinker wishing to appear "manly", it may not be the best choice. I also want to add the manhattan to my list of recommendations.

DrPublo 08-17-2005 02:45 AM

I think Mat's point was that grenadine is not a manly addition to a drink.

FWIW I like vodka & tonic or a good manhattan.

The Doc

08-17-2005 02:46 AM

You are 21 and married? That's pretty crazy man.
But if it's drinks - jack and coke. You cannot go wrong with this.

ViolentGandhi

Apathy 08-17-2005 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know grenadine and there's nothing wrong with it. But to a new drinker wishing to appear "manly", it may not be the best choice. I also want to add the manhattan to my list of recommendations.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 21 and married you're fighting for a lost cause here. Agree on the manhatten choice.

<font color="white"> Jk of course jordan </font> [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

iMsoLucky0 08-17-2005 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is in "the manhattan?"