Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Flop nut straight...played right? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401404)

DrPublo 12-19-2005 03:40 PM

Results

LP had Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MHING.

Sad. I'm still looking for (non-results-oriented) input as to whether the hand was appropriately played or not.

The Doc

12-19-2005 03:42 PM

Re: Flop nut straight...played right?

well you also need to consider the fact that he knows its a dangerous board to bet into wiht several limpers even with a set.

he probably want to get it to showdown cheaply. that and he nails his backdoor flush.. which is a very good possibility.

PinkSteel 12-19-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess overall what I'm trying to say is I bet less than the full pot on the turn because a) I still had the nuts and wanted lesser made hands to stick around, b) Hoped to get played back at by hands that just got there, and c) Didn't assign a high % to a runner runner spade draw being out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be nitpicking, but what made hands call your $18 turn bet but would fold to a full-pot $25 bet? I think few if any. But a $25 bet does a better job of pricing out the admittedly-unlikely-but-nevertheless-possible draw that could beat you. I'd pot the turn.

12-19-2005 03:44 PM

true. i agree with the percent that this will be a flush or not. but from my observations.. a miniraise is a strength move.. not a crying hope for a fold.

just the way he went about deciding to turn up the gas on the river is something that i take into consideration when i make an estimate as to whether my hand is good or not.

DrPublo 12-19-2005 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess overall what I'm trying to say is I bet less than the full pot on the turn because a) I still had the nuts and wanted lesser made hands to stick around, b) Hoped to get played back at by hands that just got there, and c) Didn't assign a high % to a runner runner spade draw being out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be nitpicking, but what made hands call your $18 turn bet but would fold to a full-pot $25 bet? I think few if any. But a $25 bet does a better job of pricing out the admittedly-unlikely-but-nevertheless-possible draw that could beat you. I'd pot the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ax?

The Doc

DrPublo 12-19-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
true. i agree with the percent that this will be a flush or not. but from my observations.. a miniraise is a strength move.. not a crying hope for a fold.

just the way he went about deciding to turn up the gas on the river is something that i take into consideration when i make an estimate as to whether my hand is good or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed that min-raises are strength moves, especially in generally passive games. But there is some % of the time that he has a naked 6 on the river, and some % of the time it's a bluff trying to get me to fold a chop (if we both play the board, for example). I obviously must call his river raise...and probably a push too, if he chose to do that.

The Doc

12-19-2005 03:48 PM

its probably a coin flop situation here.. but i will personally call more times than push.

theres always the possiblity he came in with A-6 which would have been a hand you could call with on this turn.

sdplayerb 12-19-2005 04:21 PM

I think you played it perfect.

sdplayerb 12-19-2005 04:26 PM

really very dangerous?
it is a great card as it makes a straight for an A and for a 6.
Would i prefer a rainbow 2..sure. but nearly 3/4s of the cards on the turn is going to be second to a suit. so according to you almost any card is a dangerous card.

DrPublo 12-19-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really very dangerous?
it is a great card as it makes a straight for an A and for a 6.
Would i prefer a rainbow 2..sure. but nearly 3/4s of the cards on the turn is going to be second to a suit. so according to you almost any card is a dangerous card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put.

The Doc