Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Poker stamina for multiple table players (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287034)

r2b2 07-06-2005 01:14 AM

Re: Poker stamina for multiple table players

You might want to see how long you can 4 table. If it is more than twice what you can 8 table, it might be worth switching.

IronDragon1 07-06-2005 01:18 AM

The answer to everything:

Exercise

toss 07-06-2005 02:21 AM

Eh I lose focus like 15 minutes in. I have trouble playing more than 250 hands. I force myself to play at least 500 sometimes. Maybe I need to play at a limit that'll make me sweat.

Tk79 07-06-2005 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience, i'm not playing optimally within the first 30-60 minutes, i need some warm up time. After this i'm hot. I haven't really reached a point were mental fatigue kicks in, the bad beat tilt usually takes care of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. For the first few minutes or so when Im getting everything set and opened up I dont seem to do all that well. But after taking down a few pots I can play 8 tables of 3/6 for about 3 hrs then I take a break. To stay sharp I try to find a really horrible player at a few of my tables and make sure to bleed them any way possible. It makse the game more personal to me if I have one person(or more) on each table that I can think of as unique(sp).

Escape 07-06-2005 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh I lose focus like 15 minutes in. I have trouble playing more than 250 hands. I force myself to play at least 500 sometimes. Maybe I need to play at a limit that'll make me sweat.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I tought I was the only one with this problem. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

edge 07-06-2005 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to see how long you can 4 table. If it is more than twice what you can 8 table, it might be worth switching.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's more to do in life than just playing poker. I would love to not play at all if I was just given the money.

StacysMom 07-06-2005 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're tired, try an energy drink. Rockstar is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

This stuff is the nuts. 2x the size of redbull for the same price. I LOVE it, and am most likely dependent on it.

MicroBob 07-06-2005 07:37 AM

I agree with cutting down on number of tables.

If I feel like taking a nap I take a nap.

Also - putting in some music is helpful for me.

I might play 1 or 2 tournaments and 2 or 3 ring-games. If youcan handle the differences in the games (I'm playing NL tourneys...but limit-ring) then the variety can help keep you entertained perhaps.
8 tables of the same freaking thing just seems too boring to me and I'm not sure how those who do it are able to pull it off.

Also - I seem to remember from the Absolute thread that your numbers are a bit on the weak-tight side....so it sounds like you are playing kind of a mindless and boring form of poker for the most part.
Get that VP up and gain some EV on each of you tables.
try playing short-handed tables and increasing your aggression.
Try doing this on just 2 or 3 tables. Poker can be more exciting this way if you just let it be interesting. You'll be a better player too.

But mostly it's about caffeine and some music.
I am generally having the same problem.

Last week I was having trouble sleeping before my Friday WSOP tourney. Then I thought of a great way to wind-down and crash-out: "I know!! I'll just play 3 or 4 tables of online poker. That ALWAYS makes me sleepy!!"

It worked.

ElSapo 07-06-2005 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't exhaustion - it's boredom. I think a lot of players who have been aruond a couple of years or so face this. Not all, but a lot.

I find full tabling really boring now, and rarely watch any of the action unless it's my turn to act.

ElSapo

SCfuji 07-06-2005 08:32 AM

ahahahahahahaha