Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   omfg (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391536)

admiralfluff 12-05-2005 01:24 AM

Re: omfg

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i missed the stats in your OP, but then realized I wanted more, so I edited. Sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's loose passive, as noted in the post..

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I got that, my mistake. But I think it's important to know how passive he is preflop, as to whether he raises QQ and JJ preflop. I think that is the deciding factor for the river cap.

Jinx 12-05-2005 01:32 AM

cap it. What about MP and CO's flop play implies they have a straight? If they have a higher set so be it.

12-05-2005 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What's his post-flop aggression like? It might be good to bet/call the river instead of 3-betting as you didn't fill up and all.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't 3-bet, CO did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, whoops. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

imported_leader 12-05-2005 01:36 AM

If you're beat here, that's life. at least call

Reqtech 12-05-2005 01:44 AM

Hero caps and laughs when CO flips over J9.

Alobar 12-05-2005 01:52 AM

I just call the flop. youve got a bettor and a raiser, why scare the hell out of them with a cap? MP may do it for you which equals a yummy turn. There is no big draw so a free card isnt likely to be taken, and with a passive MP he'll prolly gladly call 2 cold on the turn when you c/r, or you can donk a benign looking card and hope it gets popped again.

on the river, im hard pressed to put either one of them on the straight given the flop, but I wouldnt be suprised to see it, cuz well its 3/6. I doubt you were ever thinking fold, if so, no way in hell. If I thought MP would fold to my cap, then id call, if not then I prolly just say "[censored] it" and cap.

PokerBob 12-05-2005 04:36 AM

re-omfingg-sults

i am running super bad, but i am trying to keep a level head. what is the proper river play here? CO is like 60/8 in 60 hands. MP is loose and passive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (13 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero lets out a string of profanities and does what?

I assumed I was beat by some uber retarded crap as neither of these guys was all that aggressive, but i couldn't bring myself to fold. Capping here seemed absurd. I called. They both had J9o. I win. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

imported_leader 12-05-2005 04:40 AM

Re: re-omfingg-sults

[ QUOTE ]
They both had J9o.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG! gh

kidcolin 12-05-2005 04:43 AM

Re: re-omfingg-sults

I don't think capping is too absurd, though I probably wouldn't. One thing a lot of bad loose players do: overvalue two pair. KT is totally unreasonable given the flop action. A bigger set is pretty much all I'd fear here.

PokerBob 12-05-2005 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call the flop. youve got a bettor and a raiser, why scare the hell out of them with a cap? MP may do it for you which equals a yummy turn. There is no big draw so a free card isnt likely to be taken, and with a passive MP he'll prolly gladly call 2 cold on the turn when you c/r, or you can donk a benign looking card and hope it gets popped again.

on the river, im hard pressed to put either one of them on the straight given the flop, but I wouldnt be suprised to see it, cuz well its 3/6. I doubt you were ever thinking fold, if so, no way in hell. If I thought MP would fold to my cap, then id call, if not then I prolly just say "[censored] it" and cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never considered a cap. it was call or fold. either way i was saying [censored].