Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How to drink Johnny Walker Blue (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400497)

M2d 12-17-2005 10:36 PM

Re: How to drink Johnny Walker Blue

[ QUOTE ]
I belive Johhny Walker is a blend, so on the rocks.
Single Malt= Neat (no ice)

[/ QUOTE ]
try drinking a good single malt or a good bourbon with a splash (just a splash) of water. the small amount of water isn't to dilute the hooch, but to open it up. You'll get a full, multi-layered drink this way.

Tron 12-17-2005 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I belive Johhny Walker is a blend, so on the rocks.
Single Malt= Neat (no ice)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Peters would beg to differ.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3...ingcool6ff.jpg

I'll have a scotch on the rocks, please... Any scotch will do, as long as it's not a blend, of course. Uhm... Single malt, Glenlivet, Glenfiddich perhaps, maybe a Glengall... Any Glen.

JAA 12-17-2005 10:43 PM

what does neat mean? no ice?

- Jags

JAA 12-17-2005 10:48 PM

Update

Thanks for the advice guys...

I have been putting 2 oz. over 3 large ice cubes and that seems to be doing the trick. I seem to like it better after it sits for about 5 minutes and dilutes a bit, probably becuase I'm not used to drinking scotch.

Overall I like it, it is very very smooth and has a kind of smoky aftertaste. But honestly, I've drank johnny black on the rocks a few times before and I don't know if a bottle of blue label is worth the $100 difference.

Thanks again - Jags

Etric 12-17-2005 10:49 PM

yes, neat means no ice

12-17-2005 10:57 PM

Re: Update

[ QUOTE ]

Overall I like it, it is very very smooth and has a kind of smoky aftertaste. But honestly, I've drank johnny black on the rocks a few times before and I don't know if a bottle of blue label is worth the $100 difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know nothing about scotch, don't even know what "neat" means or how to drink it, and are unsure if the extra $100 is worth it. Pehaps a Cosmopolitan is more your style.

JAA 12-17-2005 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You know nothing about scotch, don't even know what "neat" means or how to drink it, and are unsure if the extra $100 is worth it. Pehaps a Cosmopolitan is more your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow dude, not only did you just make me feel like a worthless waste of human flesh, but you made yourself look uber-cool and hip...you are all that is man

NH and TY - Jags

edtost 12-17-2005 11:23 PM

with a splash of water, from a brandy snifter or similar glass.

edit: if not, neat (ie straight from the bottle) is far better than on the rocks - when its cold, your taste will be numbed, and the flavor will thus be masked.

Eurotrash 12-17-2005 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with a splash of water, from a brandy snifter or similar glass.

edit: if not, neat (ie straight from the bottle) is far better than on the rocks - when its cold, your taste will be numbed, and the flavor will thus be masked.

[/ QUOTE ]

one Scotch tasting and he talks like he's a seasoned veteran [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

12-17-2005 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow dude, not only did you just make me feel like a worthless waste of human flesh, but you made yourself look uber-cool and hip...you are all that is man

NH and TY - Jags

[/ QUOTE ]
Just pointing out facts. You're the one trying to be hip by picking up expensive bottles of booze. Pehaps a Shirley Temple?