Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Mario and Sonic (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322580)

shakingspear 08-25-2005 11:12 AM

Re: Mario and Sonic

I know Mario 2 takes a lot of heat, but I really liked it. I would have voted for it.

TheMainEvent 08-25-2005 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know Mario 2 takes a lot of heat, but I really liked it. I would have voted for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an OK game, but its not a mario game. In fact, it wasn't even originally designed to use the mario franchise or characters. The OP was correct to leave it off the poll.

Soul Daddy 08-25-2005 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mario 2 wasn't even originally produced as a Mario game. The Japanese SM2 looked exactly like SM1, but was much harder. Nintendo decided it was better off converting a different Japanese game (Doki Doki Panic) by taking out the old main character & inserting Mario.

[/ QUOTE ]
I knew someone would mention this. I really don't see how it's relevant. It was marketed as a Mario game in the US, so it's a [censored] Mario game.

PTjvs 08-25-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mario 2 wasn't even originally produced as a Mario game. The Japanese SM2 looked exactly like SM1, but was much harder. Nintendo decided it was better off converting a different Japanese game (Doki Doki Panic) by taking out the old main character & inserting Mario.

[/ QUOTE ]
I knew someone would mention this. I really don't see how it's relevant. It was marketed as a Mario game in the US, so it's a [censored] Mario game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because how something is marketed makes it undeniably true. You too can look like the Marlboro Man, New Coke > Old Coke, and partypoker.net is NOT a gambling site. By the way, I have a important message for you from the Solid Rock Church about accepting Jesus Christ as YOUR personal savior.

jvs

08-25-2005 01:19 PM

No love for Samus?

jkkkk 08-25-2005 01:21 PM

Mario, 3, 1.

Patrick del Poker Grande 08-25-2005 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because how something is marketed makes it undeniably true. You too can look like the Marlboro Man, New Coke > Old Coke, and partypoker.net is NOT a gambling site. By the way, I have a important message for you from the Solid Rock Church about accepting Jesus Christ as YOUR personal savior.

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact of the matter remains that, in the end, Mario 2 is a Mario game.

PTjvs 08-25-2005 01:25 PM

Sure, but it's much more fun to argue about it on a technicality.

jvs

IndieMatty 08-25-2005 01:30 PM

Instead of a New Thread

I haven't played videogames in years, but this kid who is friends with my friends younger brother is selling souped up Xboxes for 350 bucks that according to all accounts have 95% of all available games on the harddrive for NES, Master System, Super NES, 64, Neo GEO, Arcade, Artari Jaguar, Saturn, Genesis, Dreamcast, TBGfx16, and I forget if it has Playstation or PS2 games on it, but whatever. Basically it has a sick library of the games we grew up on and then some..plus you can DL games you rent into the expanded harddrive.

Anyway, I guess this isn't a question---because this seems 100% worth it right? I should buy this like now?

Soul Daddy 08-25-2005 01:32 PM

Re: Instead of a New Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played videogames in years, but this kid who is friends with my friends younger brother is selling souped up Xboxes for 350 bucks that according to all accounts have 95% of all available games on the harddrive for NES, Master System, Super NES, 64, Neo GEO, Arcade, Artari Jaguar, Saturn, Genesis, Dreamcast, TBGfx16, and I forget if it has Playstation or PS2 games on it, but whatever. Basically it has a sick library of the games we grew up on and then some..plus you can DL games you rent into the expanded harddrive.

Anyway, I guess this isn't a question---because this seems 100% worth it right? I should buy this like now?

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is true, I don't see how the answer could be anything other than yes.