Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I love draws? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401901)

punter11235 12-20-2005 10:29 AM

Re: I love draws?

I am not big fan of semibluff raising on 2tone boards because ppl almost never fold and if they never fold semibluff is bad.
People in general believe in what they want to believe and if they see 2tone board they think "flush draw".
So I call this flop.

Rococo 12-20-2005 11:38 AM

Raising is OK, but flat calling is nice too. Sometimes you end up with a very favorable freeroll if the turn is a 9.

mgsimpleton 12-20-2005 12:03 PM

what's an unfavorable freeroll?

Rococo 12-20-2005 12:08 PM

fair enough, smart ass.

edge 12-20-2005 12:33 PM

I like raising in these spots in general. I find it very annoying when I call and miss the turn; at least if I raise I can continue with the hand.

fuzzbox 12-20-2005 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like raising in these spots in general. I find it very annoying when I call and miss the turn; at least if I raise I can continue with the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it more annoying when I raise, get reraised all-in, call and miss the turn and river.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paluka 12-20-2005 01:31 PM

When we raise this flop, does he ever fold anything except a pure bluff? What hands would he lead with here and then fold for a raise of this size?

edge 12-20-2005 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it more annoying when I raise, get reraised all-in, call and miss the turn and river.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer that because then I can blame it on luck/variance. I really don't like folding hands that started out so promising.

Jesse Kidd 12-20-2005 03:30 PM

There are a lot of hands that are roughly 50/50 on the flop that you might be able to get to fold, but I think you need to make a bigger flop raise, or preferably a turn raise/all-in on a brick to get them to do so. For example, JJ, OESD+A, OESD+Pair.

The size of your flop raise would probably only get air or a small pair/maybe A6-A7 to fold.

HiatusOver 12-20-2005 03:37 PM

"When we raise this flop, does he ever fold anything except a pure bluff? What hands would he lead with here and then fold for a raise of this size?"

I know u dont usually play these games, but the answer to your question is he will fold a ton of hands here I think. He will fold almost all 1 pair hands, and a lead here seems like it is often a 1 pair hand. Remember that not only does he have to worry about this raise, but he is OOP and has to worry about what will happen on the next 2 streets also. A7 of spades almost definitely goes in the muck here, and I think that is a common hand that will take one stab at this flop