Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Weak-tight or well-done? TPTK, NL200 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401482)

bkholdem 12-20-2005 09:51 AM

Re: Weak-tight or well-done? TPTK, NL200

I think I might have been the villian in this hand. I limped AK mixing it up.

12-20-2005 10:01 AM

I definatly dont think you see weaker kings here often enough to warrant going broke. Why call flop? What are you looking to pick up? An A or K change nothing, except maybe making it easier for you to slide your stack in there for some reason. I guess you are calling to see what he will do on the turn.. you could have saved 23$ if you asked me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Its not a semi-bluff on that board. Solid TAG villain doing this with KQ? I definatly can't say I see that often enough. AK is somewhat possible. Some people do like limping it in EP. Split or near-dead. Fold flop. Or get better read [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bkholdem 12-20-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I definatly dont think you see weaker kings here often enough to warrant going broke. Why call flop? What are you looking to pick up? An A or K change nothing, except maybe making it easier for you to slide your stack in there for some reason. I guess you are calling to see what he will do on the turn.. you could have saved 23$ if you asked me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Its not a semi-bluff on that board. Solid TAG villain doing this with KQ? I definatly can't say I see that often enough. AK is somewhat possible. Some people do like limping it in EP. Split or near-dead. Fold flop. Or get better read [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly I was trying to train the table to let me limp in ep more. There were a couple good players across from me, often having postion on me while I was in ep. It was difficult to outplay them with crap after raising it in ep and I was getting reraised with my baby sc's so I wanted to tame them into letting me limp from ep. I think that was part of my plan for playing this hand this way anyway, my memory isn't the best.

troymclur 12-20-2005 12:18 PM

Question to all those who say fold the flop. Why re-raise with a set on a completely un-coordinated board?

Hattifnatt 12-20-2005 12:23 PM

Bet a little more on the flop. Fold to his flop c/r. As played definitely fold turn.

aggie 12-20-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question to all those who say fold the flop. Why re-raise with a set on a completely un-coordinated board?

[/ QUOTE ]

can't answer that. Folding on this flop, IMO, is awful!!!

xcrack999 12-20-2005 01:30 PM

I don't know about full-ring, but at 6-max I'm almost never folding that flop against an aggressive player.

12-20-2005 01:40 PM

Come on now, folding the flop is horrible here (and extremely weak-tight). Good Tight-Aggressive players don't trust continuation bets and could put you to the test here with JJ or any non set pocket pair.

And you both have less than one buyin. I think you call here and see what develops.

In this case I think you call the river bet, but that is at least close.

Edit: oops read that wrong, its on the turn, i fold there too..

FlyingStart 12-20-2005 01:48 PM

A good player knows better than to build a pot OOP with an underpair to the board against the preflop raiser.

Against an aggressive player at 6max? Sure, I'll do the call down. Against a solid TAG at full ring with no reads? No, I don't like to risk my stack for a possible split

soah 12-20-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on now, folding the flop is horrible here (and extremely weak-tight). Good Tight-Aggressive players don't trust continuation bets and could put you to the test here with JJ or any non set pocket pair.

And you both have less than one buyin. I think you call here and see what develops.

In this case I think you call the river bet, but that is at least close.

Edit: oops read that wrong, its on the turn, i fold there too..

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who is bluffing here often enough to make it correct to stack off with TPTK is certainly not a good TAG. In situations where the only hand you can beat is a bluff (and you have no significant redraws), it's usually correct to fold.