Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   selling PT databases? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371780)

fnord_too 11-04-2005 03:19 PM

Re: selling PT databases?

As I said in another thread, I think you need to look for lines that are used that you don't use. Example: Checking behind the turn with TPTK. If you don't do this fairly often, but you see KKF does, you should try to figure out why he does and if you should be doing the same. I would not weigh any hand in and of itself too heavily, since it could be read dependant or the result of steaming or distraction, etc., but I would look for betting patterns that he uses frequently that you do not. They may not be good at different level games (though they may), but trying to figure out why KKF uses them will be a very rewarding exercize.

lapoker17 11-04-2005 04:54 PM

He's asking $350. If you can win one $1000 pot because of 1 thing you learned...

Danenania 11-04-2005 06:40 PM

I'd be much more willing to purchase videos of sessions from truly excellent players so I could see the HUD stats used at the time of each decision. I'd also get much more of a feel for tempo and table conditions this way (plus it's simply less hassle to go through large quantities of hands by video than through PT). Of course you couldn't charge as much for a one or two hour long video as an entire DB, but you could release a bunch of them to the point that it might even out.

SoSo 11-04-2005 06:42 PM

he's just gonna be [censored] when the first buyer sells his db on for $200 undercutting him....

sammy_g 11-04-2005 07:23 PM

You shouldn't give people ideas like this.

11-04-2005 07:30 PM

He said something about releasing it in one package. Ie he wants many buyers before he sells. I dont think anyone would cheat KKF anyway. I wouldnt do it if I wanted the database.

1800GAMBLER 11-04-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll sell my PT DB to anyone for the huge discount of 50% off my hourly rate, its around 100k hands of limit holdem from like april of this year. Limits 50/100 and higher. I would be pleasantly surpised if anyone is willing to pay the asking price.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, you should have just made this the first post rather than the cover up post first.

stoxtrader 11-04-2005 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll sell my PT DB to anyone for the huge discount of 50% off my hourly rate, its around 100k hands of limit holdem from like april of this year. Limits 50/100 and higher. I would be pleasantly surpised if anyone is willing to pay the asking price.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, you should have just made this the first post rather than the cover up post first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thoguth I needed validation on the pricing. to match KKF's price I would have to give a 65% discount.

Paluka 11-04-2005 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. I'm just wondering which goal is more important a) selling his tracker or b) being able to have an excuse to mention his hourly rate

TheWorstPlayer 11-04-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. I'm just wondering which goal is more important a) selling his tracker or b) being able to have an excuse to mention his hourly rate

[/ QUOTE ]
Well since he's saying he'd be happily surprised to get $500 for his DB and he makes $1K/hr, I don't think it's really that hard to figure out which is more important to him.