Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $33 - Can I get away from this overpair. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398916)

Insty 12-15-2005 11:54 AM

Re: $33 - Can I get away from this overpair.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising here every time barring some extremely strange read

[/ QUOTE ]

How much? Pushing seems excessive, and a loose bigstack is quite likely to call any raise I make, and I am still lost on the flop...

Would you also raise 9's? 4's?

tigerite 12-15-2005 12:45 PM

I might raise 99. 44 no way. 88 probably no way as well. But those are all closer than TT.

How much? I think I'd do t175 or t225. Maybe the former for pot control reasons, but I don't honestly think it matters that much.

Scuba Chuck 12-15-2005 04:33 PM

I would have raised to 250 preflop. I think it's easier then to know where you stand.

Insty 12-15-2005 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have a better chance of stealing/doubling your way to the money then winning this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good way of looking at things.

Scuba, would you then fold to a push?

Irieguy 12-15-2005 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

UTG has been really quite loose and has been showing down rubbish like Q7o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, there's 125 in the pot and you have 765 behind preflop. You rate to be ahead. There's no need to make this hand complicated.

Irieguy

Insty 12-16-2005 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, there's 125 in the pot and you have 765 behind preflop. You rate to be ahead. There's no need to make this hand complicated.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems everybody has a different opinion. And everybody seems to have good points. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

You're suggesting I just push?

(I don't think anyone has said fold preflop yet..)

45suited 12-16-2005 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always struggle with what to do with TT in this type of situation pre-flop. Obviously in an MTT I'm raising. But here, in level 3 of an SNG, I am still thinking about getting to level 4 and 5 where I can start stealing and surviving to the bubble. So often I call, hoping to minimize my investment and just play some poker post-flop. Sounds like most of you think that is a poor approach?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the whole 'stealing on the bubble thing', but why does this concept have to make us play like total pansies pre-bubble? I'm raising this pre-flop exactly 100% of the time with our stack size. And since UTG is loose, I like pushing pre-flop alot here. It's 7 handed for crying out loud, and there's one other guy in the pot when it gets to us pre-flop. Push those 10s, and watch someone call you quite frequently with a lower PP.