Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   PP 20/40 - KK hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380154)

johnnycakes 11-17-2005 04:40 PM

Re: PP 20/40 - KK hand

[ QUOTE ]
i like all options besides fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever advocated folding any (limit) hand post flop?

Dazarath 11-17-2005 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of them has a jack on that board most of the time since there are no other draws and you were checkraised and solid player called two cold. I wouldn't plan on putting in any more money after this flop action (esp. considering the good player is taking this heat).

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks. I did fold, and I was convinced that it was the correct play. At the time I was playing the hand though, I wasn't sure about my flop play. Should I have 3-bet the flop?

BeerMoney 11-17-2005 05:05 PM

If you can't get away from this hand, what can you get away from?

flawless_victory 11-17-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind elaborating?

[/ QUOTE ]
k.

basically, if MP has got to be putting you on AK/AQ rather than a big pair as you didnt threebet the flop...
if im MP i play 99 exactly like this... seems like a PP smaller than yours is soo likely a hand for him and the SBfish could have something totally inane...
i think KK is still good too often to fold.

it looks nasty (especially when you get shown trips), but i would call 2 cold on fourth and call one more on the end looking to get overcalls from fishy and show down the two kings for 3 bets.

flawless_victory 11-17-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever advocated folding any (limit) hand post flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
never fold.

Jeffage 11-17-2005 06:11 PM

It's quite the parlay that neither has trips or 5's full given the betting sequence on the flop. I think the solid player is going to bet 99 right into hero on the flop most of the time. Check-call two cold? Much less likely. Plus, fish in the blind DID checkraise the flop...he could have the jack. And good player who's coldcalling two knows this and calls two anyway. All in all, I don't see calling 80 on the turn as being profitable.

BTW, I like your posts alot. Total random aside but true - you make me think. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff

Dazarath 11-18-2005 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
basically, if MP has got to be putting you on AK/AQ rather than a big pair as you didnt threebet the flop...
if im MP i play 99 exactly like this... seems like a PP smaller than yours is soo likely a hand for him and the SBfish could have something totally inane...
i think KK is still good too often to fold.

it looks nasty (especially when you get shown trips), but i would call 2 cold on fourth and call one more on the end looking to get overcalls from fishy and show down the two kings for 3 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the plan if I call two cold and then it comes back to me either two more bets on the turn, or two on the river?