Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Anyone See Chapelle's New Act? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334729)

Yeti 09-12-2005 01:22 PM

Re: Anyone See Chapelle\'s New Act?

Tour details on www.davechappelle.com

asofel 09-12-2005 01:51 PM

he'd definitely have to make a stop here. if you hear of anything let me know...and vice versa...

stabn 09-12-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His latest tour has been on the hush but he's in Pittsburgh next week. The Improv isn't even advertising it, they just told people who came this past weekend that he'd be here next weekend.

Tickets just went onsale online. They weren't supposed to go onsale until tomorrow morning but they are now so my roomie and I copped 2 tickets for Saturday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would REALLY like to go see this, but, would I be out of place? I'm very white, i'm 100% pure honk. Perhaps that would make it more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you should stay away, black people laugh very differently and don't like laughing with white people.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're the one that turns every comment that brings up an ehtical difference into a prejudice remark, aren't you?

If you can't see that me asking if a cracker such as myself will fit in at a certain event isn't prejudice, then you have problems.

It's not like me askign if I should feel uncomfortable at a harlem globetrotters show or something. WIthout fail, Chappelle uses racial commentary that I would not be comfortable using, and I don't know if it would be approriate for me to find this stuff funny, or if ti would be assumed that I cannot relate to such humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shants comment was very funny.

wonderwes 09-15-2005 01:29 AM

News alert for anyone living in Texas.

Dave Chapelle is performing Sunday, Nov 13th @ Frank Erwin Center, Austin, Tx.

meleader2 09-15-2005 01:31 AM

he looks like he's on meth. his clothes are ridiculously huge for his body...i know that's a particular style, but i saw him on TV 2 nights ago, and to be honest it was scary looking.

BradleyT 09-15-2005 01:41 AM

Wow if you couldn't see the hilarity in his reply maybe you shouldn't go.....

thatpfunk 09-15-2005 01:41 AM

not meth, heroin.

FouTight 09-15-2005 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you seem to be in the advice giving mood, what exactly should I do if I only see idiocy in his reply?

IggyWH 09-18-2005 03:02 AM

The show was great... it was no Killing Them Softly, but it was still great. The only complaint I might have was the best laughs were in the beginning. It was funny throughout, but the act was top heavy.

It definitely was worth the $47 for the ticket though. Definitely go check him out if he's coming your way.

BusterStacks 09-18-2005 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you seem to be in the advice giving mood, what exactly should I do if I only see idiocy in his reply?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should seriously consider killing yourself. The reply was funny.