Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Disturbing e-mail from partypoker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288725)

Marlow 07-08-2005 09:16 AM

Re: Disturbing e-mail from partypoker

This is the first time I've ever heard of PE. I just went to the website and got a little info. Can someone please explain why it might be illegal?
Thanks,

Marlow
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Dariel86 07-08-2005 09:24 AM

Cause it is one hell of an asskicking software

OrangeHeat 07-08-2005 09:33 AM

I believe it is Pokeredge. Specifically that it is networked to other players and that if someone running PE was unscrupulous they could have access to all those PC's at the same time.

Orange

Subby 07-08-2005 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this--how can we comply with their demands if we don't know specifically what they are?

[/ QUOTE ]
Their demands are pretty clear.

TStoneMBD 07-08-2005 09:44 AM

the answer to this problem is to obviously drop the strict party skins and move to eurobet where everything is a safe haven.

no wonder why party keeps losing players to their skins.......

David04 07-08-2005 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this--how can we comply with their demands if we don't know specifically what they are?

[/ QUOTE ]
Their demands are pretty clear.

[/ QUOTE ]
And yet incredibly ambiguous.

Sifmole 07-08-2005 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I received this e-mail, has anyone else gotten it? How to deal with it? I use pokertracker, playerview and pokeredge.

Dear xxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that PartyPoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
Investigations Team for Poker
Alerts @ Partypoker.com
Partypoker.com

Edit/MH:

Also see other similar post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go Party! Go Party! Go Party!

Confiscate away!

PokerEdge is so far over the line into cheating it is unreal. The extortion aspect is what pisses me off the most. Pay us and we will black your info -- its extortion.

bkholdem 07-08-2005 10:20 AM

So has anyone gotten confirmation that it is poker edge and not game time + , player view, or poker tracker?

danzasmack 07-08-2005 10:41 AM

My buddy got the email and called support. The guy said he himself could not specify what they found he was using, but to email support and they would get back to him.

Then, as he was hanging up the phone, the indian guy (he apparently had a VERY thick accent) on the other end said, "And good luck playing party poker sir...for the rest of your LIFE" and hung up.

WTF!?!?!!!!!

DMBFan23 07-08-2005 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I received this e-mail, has anyone else gotten it? How to deal with it? I use pokertracker, playerview and pokeredge.

Dear xxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that PartyPoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
Investigations Team for Poker
Alerts @ Partypoker.com
Partypoker.com

Edit/MH:

Also see other similar post.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA