Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Should I get my Dream Car? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278687)

fluxrad 06-23-2005 01:24 AM

Re: Should I get my Dream Car?

[ QUOTE ]
My Car insurance would be $961 every 6 months.

I tried to do a check just now on loan verses lease but I don't know what the hell Residual Value is? that is the only field I have blank and it can't calculate it.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not lease a car.

[censored] 06-23-2005 01:26 AM

umm how the [censored] does your "dream" car that you "have always wanted" come out in 2005? weak.

Talk2BigSteve 06-23-2005 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not so surprisingly, this is also my dream car. I think that if you have the financial stability to handle the $400 addition to your monthly nut, then do it. One thing I would recommend, however would be to not get the Shaker audio system. It seems that you should be able to get something just as good for a lot less money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that too, I have been spoiled when it came to cars, I always get them fully loaded. But yeah for $1300 I can get a kick as aftermarket stereo and have some change left.

Steve

Voltron87 06-23-2005 01:27 AM

I saw this post and say "dream car" and then 2002 Chrysler and thought, "wow thats gay"

the mustang is sweet, every dude in the gym will want to ride in your car and feel you rev it.

steve, wtf do you do for a job? I have no clue, its a wild card.

RacersEdge 06-23-2005 01:27 AM

Pretty steep on the insurance. You must have had a few tickets or be under 25.

Try about 50-55% of the selling price for residal value.

Talk2BigSteve 06-23-2005 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My Car insurance would be $961 every 6 months.

I tried to do a check just now on loan verses lease but I don't know what the hell Residual Value is? that is the only field I have blank and it can't calculate it.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not lease a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't plan on it, I know it may save you in payments but
1. your insurance is higher because you do not own the car. and
2...YOU DO NOT OWN THE CAR!

Steve

Talk2BigSteve 06-23-2005 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty steep on the insurance. You must have had a few tickets or be under 25.

Try about 50-55% of the selling price for residal value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 30 and I have 1 failure to yeild at the only stop sign in Scooba, Mississippi at 3:30 in the morning making a right turn [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] and I did the quote with this current accident listed as well.

Steve

Talk2BigSteve 06-23-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
umm how the [censored] does your "dream" car that you "have always wanted" come out in 2005? weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time that I checked Ford Mustangs have been around since before I was born in 1974.

Steve

fluxrad 06-23-2005 01:35 AM

I found your car

Talk2BigSteve 06-23-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw this post and say "dream car" and then 2002 Chrysler and thought, "wow thats gay"

the mustang is sweet, every dude in the gym will want to ride in your car and feel you rev it.

steve, wtf do you do for a job? I have no clue, its a wild card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an assitant operations manager for a dispatcher company that handles technician calls for all of the South Eastern US. including Tennessee and Kentucky, basically East of the Mississippi River and South of the Ohio River is our territory.

Steve