Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   how the f did this magician do this trick (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=329121)

Jimbo 09-03-2005 08:40 PM

Re: how the f did this magician do this trick

It is a variation of the Scotch and Soda Trick

touchfaith 09-03-2005 08:45 PM

who cares

Al P 09-03-2005 09:30 PM

He obviously works for the government.

They do that [censored] to my paycheck too.

Sephus 09-03-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they have coins that are hollow which will slip over one of the other coins used in the trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

okayplayer 09-03-2005 11:13 PM

This is kinda along the same lines, but did anyone see the David Blaine specials last week? That man is sick! I still have no idea how he did some of that isht. Especially the levitation. And he also made some cat's signature appear on the dollar bill.

jstnrgrs 09-03-2005 11:35 PM

Spoiler

[ QUOTE ]
This is kinda along the same lines, but did anyone see the David Blaine specials last week? That man is sick! I still have no idea how he did some of that isht. Especially the levitation. And he also made some cat's signature appear on the dollar bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

The levitation is done by lifting him off the ground with a pulley system after everyone in the audience has gone home. The footage of him off the ground is then edited into the rest of the show.

Magic on TV is not any more impressive that explosions in movies (and other special effects). I think its actually less impressive.

okayplayer 09-04-2005 12:10 AM

Re: Spoiler

[ QUOTE ]
The levitation is done by lifting him off the ground with a pulley system after everyone in the audience has gone home. The footage of him off the ground is then edited into the rest of the show.

[/ QUOTE ]
But he did this while walking on the streets performing magic tricks to random people. It seems a little excessive and a little - hmmm, what's the word I'm looking for? - paranoid(?), that these are all just TV special effects and the "random" people are all in on it. But maybe I am just easily fooled. I even have Tivo and slowplayed most of the tricks, and was only able to see a couple "tricks" revealed.

jokerthief 09-04-2005 12:13 AM

The levitation can be done in front of people. What he does is he stands at an angle to them and lifts himself up with one foot (goes up on his toes). Because of the angle it looks to the audience like he floated three or four inches off the ground. That's how he gets the audience reaction, then later he gets pulled up by a pully.

TheWorstPlayer 09-04-2005 01:40 AM

Yes, they had a show on TV with him explaining all this a few years ago.

bort411 09-04-2005 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We asked him about the trick later and he said there was a common trick in which the magician has 4 coins, closes his palm, and opens it to reveal only 3 coins. However, his modification was that an audience member holds the 4 coins, and one disappears. He said "There's only one thing people can do to screw it up, but they almost never do it."

[/ QUOTE ]

The Alliance is going to be pissed.