Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   55 Hand vs A DANE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371368)

baronzeus 11-03-2005 11:40 PM

Re: 55 Hand vs A DANE

[ QUOTE ]
I was the dane.

Lets say I had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

How did I play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

you both played it fine IMO as long as brazilio folded the river.

brazilio 11-03-2005 11:44 PM

Which I didn't because I'm lame.

baronzeus 11-03-2005 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cookie is so innocent and trustable [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] his name is cookie! how could you call that river bet!!!

cookie 11-03-2005 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cookie is so innocent and trustable [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] his name is cookie! how could you call that river bet!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I flop trips good against him [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

brazilio 11-03-2005 11:53 PM

You can't trust Danes, they eat the flesh of humans and revel in the sick debauchery common among other left-leaning communist pigdogs.

redbeard 11-04-2005 01:07 AM

i like the way you played it. the river donk bet is great because he has shown a tendancy to raise you on any street so far so you might get three bets or more on the river. he definately appears to be a player on tilt so take advantage.

Alex/Mugaaz 11-04-2005 03:18 AM

I don't get the point of trying to these type of hands this way. First of all your tiny ahead, way behind and multiply this by the fact there is almost no possible way to play this hand well against an aggressive opponent. On top of that it's virtually impossible for there to be a situation where a bet goes in on the river with you showing down the best hand, while the exact opposite is true for him. I'm not convinced a hand like this can make money against a good opponent.

oreogod 11-04-2005 10:26 AM

Pretty sure a flop check is best here a good majority of the time. There are a couple ways to play this, but while the way u played it is...ehhh, its not the best way (i like the line with less coordination), u are either marginally ahead here with a [censored]-ton of outs against u or behind.

If the board wasnt so damn coordinated, Id love the line u took. Fold the river.

PS. You better be totally diggin my new avatar.

oreogod 11-04-2005 10:46 AM

This maybe boring for a lot of ppl...but if u check the flop are u just folding to a turn bet in this small pot or raising or calling?

Just curious what others do, I know what I do.

cookie 11-04-2005 12:31 PM

How low do people go with openraising PPs UTG+1 6-max?