Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Dreaded stats request . . . 20/40+. Going to showdown. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388313)

Surfbullet 11-30-2005 02:56 PM

Re: Dreaded stats request . . . 20/40+. Going to showdown.

Hey Grisgra,

I'm currently at:
W$WSF: 44%
WTSD: 36%
W$SD: 54%

I'm breakeven over 6.5k (meaningless sample) but i've been relatively happy with the way those numbers look.

As for your possibilities:

[ QUOTE ]
1) People are smarter at 20/40, less likely to call down with crap. They're showing fewer losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are sitting with the right guys, this is not at all teh case. I used to check behind a pair of 3s on a 2348J board HU, now it's an eaaaaasy value bet b/c he'll call with K hi, and sometimes Q hi, and would absolutely have raised a 4, 8, or donked a J.

[ QUOTE ]
2) People are smarter at 20/40, chasing me off of marginal hands that would win at showdown (bottom/mid pair, etc.) In other words, I'm folding winners.

[/ QUOTE ]
This, however, is definitely a concern. I *know* I fold alot of winners, i've had 1800 hand days where my WTSD is like 17%. But, I maximize value when I have a medium-weak strength hand so I think it makes up for bet-folding A-hi on semi-dangerous flops.

Variance is crazy at these games too.

Personally, I can't get my flush won@SD %age over 70, nor my straight won@SD over 75, nor my 3ofakind won@SD over 60, so i'm sure things will even out eventually. I'm playing the best poker of my life IMO, so i'm just making sure to get 5hrs a day in at the minimum.

PM me if you want to do a sweat session sometime.

Surf

sthief09 11-30-2005 03:16 PM

one of the big differences i noticed between 10/20 and 20/40+ and now that im playing 10/20 again is that at 10/20 when you check behind on the turn after raising preflop, the 20/40 players will fearlessly value bet you and not bluff too much, while the 10/20 players do more bluffing than value betting. which means you have to give up a lot more on the turn i think which would lower your went to showdown

its likely youre running bad because no good player should be winning at showdown only 45% of the time.

also, consider going back to 10/20. i ran pretty good at 20/40 and pretty bad at 30/60, then i ran super bad in vegas, which shook my confidence a good bit, and playing 10/20 makes me feel like im really really good. i always know what they have and its so easy to play accordingly. and im not just saying that because im running good. im not. its just so easy.

Grisgra 11-30-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
playing 10/20 makes me feel like im really really good. i always know what they have and its so easy to play accordingly. and im not just saying that because im running good. im not. its just so easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough -- the only reason I'm down only a few grand this month is because I've snuck some 10/20 in there and running, as usually, at 3BB+/100. I haven't developed the skill to mucho-multitable 10/20 yet . . . I really want to find a way to make ~$200/hr at higher limits rather than just being a massively multitabling grinder . . . and hey, I'll admit it. I like the 20/40+ action.

But I think that starting in December I'm going to make sure I put in plenty of 10/20 time, just for the sake of keeping my sanity. Because you're right -- it's just painfully easy. And when you've had a bad session, you know WHY you've had a bad session.

baronzeus 11-30-2005 04:30 PM

http://baronzeus.com/showdown.gif

these numbers include two 180+ downswings though, so take them FWIW. i'd say over the entire 50K sample i was running about average.

stoxtrader 11-30-2005 04:44 PM

nice stats.

I assume a different average players per hand at each limit.

TMFS9 11-30-2005 04:51 PM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/jpeter9/pt.jpg

These stats are from 15/30 to 30/60 with a few (1k) hands thrown in from 50/100. Also I play a lot of 2-4 handed so to seperate those hands out I had to use the positional stats page. These are my stats for 4-6 players at the table and it seems as I go to showdown a little more than most so far.

Terrabon98 11-30-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know-- if you want to see we can set up some sort of observation session or something sometime. I think I just play like everyone else on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the fact that you normally play less tables and are better at focusing on player tendencies allow you to go to showdown more (correctly) and win more then most.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could very well be the case. I'm not familiar with exactly how you play Rory, but my numbers are almost exactly the same as yours (though I only play 5/10-15/30) and I also usually am only playing one or two tables at a time.

rory 11-30-2005 05:08 PM

Grisgra doesn't multitable though, so that kills that theory. I think he doesn't multitable, at least.

partypokerer 11-30-2005 06:22 PM

im at
wtsd: 34
w$sd: 55
w$wsf: 49
filtered for 4-6 players

NLSoldier 11-30-2005 06:28 PM

i do not understand how you guys can go to SD so freaking much. wanna show some examples of hands that you take to showdown that you think i and others down at like 34 maybe dont?