Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Zelda: Ocarina of Time (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=152207)

AngryCola 11-22-2004 02:40 PM

Re: Zelda: Ocarina of Time

[ QUOTE ]
plot is important, but its more about the feel/enorinment. the environment in ocarina of time is amazing. the env on the wind waker sucked big time. same with that mario game, with the water jetpack or whatever. if i play mario i want to be smashing koopas and [censored]. sometimes they change too much, thats why a lot of the new nintendo games are so gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of that!

Based on pure environments, Majora's mask comes a close second to Ocarina. I just thought it lacked direction, which was intentional on their part. It's good when a game is so open that you can go around doing anything, but it still needs to have a strong focus at the center. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That said, Pikmin was a game people either loved or hated. I thought it was pretty clever and original with solid game mechanics. I understand why I'm probably in the minority with this one, though. It is a very "off" game. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

ThaSaltCracka 11-22-2004 02:54 PM

Which one is the Gameboy Zelda? That one tops my list.

astroglide 11-22-2004 03:33 PM

the engine was a little sloppy back then. if ocarina used the wind waker engine (cel shading or not, unlike most i don't care either way) i think it would possibly be the best of all time. story/theme/etc is insane but i'd take link to the past for replay because of motion/attack kludginess.

AngryCola 11-22-2004 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which one is the Gameboy Zelda? That one tops my list.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a decent game. I think it's called Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. Not quite as good as A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time, IMHO. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

astroglide 11-22-2004 05:07 PM

adventure of link was the second nes game. i believe the gb/gbc game (which was excellent) was called link's awakening.

ThaSaltCracka 11-22-2004 05:18 PM

Links Awakening, that was it. I loved that game man.

AngryCola 11-22-2004 05:32 PM

Ohhhh yeah, that was what it was called. Thanks, astroglide.

nolanfan34 11-22-2004 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
N64

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how cheap I could probably get an N64 for, would it be worth picking one up for this game? FWIW, I loved the old Zelda, and really dug the Final Fantasy games, through #7 at least, before they got all anime for some reason.

astroglide 11-22-2004 06:19 PM

the legend of zelda collector's edition can be found on ebay or maybe a local used game store. it has zelda, zelda 2, ocarina, and majora's mask (sequel to ocarina).

Q8offsuit 11-22-2004 09:34 PM

Ocarina of Time is actually in the top 1 games ever made.