Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I r retarded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=100070)

bisonbison 07-06-2004 02:49 AM

Re: I r retarded

No, I threebet because I probably have the best hand and I want to get as much money as possible in preflop. If the players with position on me call 2 cold, great. If they fold and I get the button, great.

RED_RAIN 07-06-2004 09:39 AM

Okay just wanted to make sure we were on the same page since you are a much stronger player than I. Also it would be calling 3 cold for position [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sloats 07-06-2004 10:17 AM

Don't use the term 'butchered'.

Tosh 07-06-2004 10:30 AM

Bleugh. Only thing I will say is save this post somewhere. Then reread in 3 months and see how useful these forums can be.

MarkD 07-06-2004 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop- 3 bet or fold

[/ QUOTE ]

No. 3-bet or call. Do not fold, that would be a mistake. 3-betting > calling >> folding.

Aviston 07-06-2004 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
preflop- 3 bet or fold

[/ QUOTE ]

No. 3-bet or call. Do not fold, that would be a mistake. 3-betting > calling >> folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Calling is at least better than folding here. I still have no idea why I hit the call button rather than the raise button. As soon as I did it, I went 'WTF?'. Ah well, it's good to post hands that make you look like an idiot.

Aviston 07-06-2004 12:46 PM

Actually, I only play .01/.02 during the day since the UB .25/.50 games are extremely tight. It's more of just for fun and to keep myself playing poker when I have time during the not very profitable times during the day.

Greg J 07-06-2004 01:20 PM

Yeah you gotta raise this preflop. When you hit like you did in later streets it tends to make other people want to stay round. Your slowplays will generally work better.

This was obviously a slowplay gone awry. You have to consider position. You were last to act on the turn. If you were first I would not fault you for checking as much. You werent. I think you should bet here. With 2 diamonds someone might be in for the flush draw. You make them pay for it and hope a diamond comes on the river -- that way you hopefully get action!

sublime 07-06-2004 01:28 PM

Calling here is very weak, 3 betting is FAR superior. I dont see any use in calling.

MarkD 07-06-2004 03:02 PM

How is folding at all superior to calling? Come on now. You have TT and your opponents generally have worse hands. Calling is far superior to folding I don't even think it's close.

I agree completely that raising is better than calling as I stated in my original post but this is not a raise or fold situation. Folding is clearly wrong, that's all I'm saying. I'm calling here with much lower pocket pairs, as I suspect you are too, so folding a higher pocket pair is absurb.