Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   QQ on Interesting Turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392548)

QTip 12-06-2005 12:44 PM

Re: QQ on Interesting Turn

I decided to call and bet most rivers.

12-06-2005 12:47 PM

you're beat.. oh and p.s. i like the flop bet.. but obviously your opponents arent going anywhere.. check/fold this 9 turn.

12-06-2005 12:48 PM

ok.. so you're getting 11:1.. you're probably behind at this point.. theres an over.. and you're facing multi opponents.. im still folding.

12-06-2005 12:49 PM

oh and p.s.

its 2/4.. 11:1 is not that rare of an occasion that you need to be throwing bets away at opponents to MAYBE win a 3 big bet side pot..

12-06-2005 12:53 PM

folding getting at least 11:1, if you were going to get raised on the turn they would have already done it. Sorry but this is horrible.

I call hoping to get 12:1. Our hand is probably good but we want to bring UTG along anyway. I don't think 3-betting has much merit because a K will probably call and anything we beat will most likely fold. The board isn't draw heavy so I don't think there is much for him to draw to.

I bet most rivers, but don't like getting raised.

12-06-2005 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you hoping to fold a better hand?

Because I don't see any hand that limps UTG, calls this flop not closing the action, calls the turn and a turn raise, then calls a river bet that you beat.

hobbsmann 12-06-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this a good plan as you should pick up extra money from UTG who appears to not have a K. I suggested a 3-bet on the turn for this reason, but thinking about it a little more I like this plan better as you encourage this guy to call with a wider range.

OTOH though, it would be really sexy if you 3-bet promotion raise the turn, forcing out a better hand from UTG while getting all in against a guy trying to get his money in on a long shot. This is probably wishful thinking, but maybe, just maybe.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

12-06-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't see any hand that limps UTG, calls this flop not closing the action, calls the turn and a turn raise, then calls a river bet that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ, AJ, AT, A9s, 55, 66, 77, 88, JJ, JT.

shant 12-06-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok.. so you're getting 11:1.. you're probably behind at this point.. theres an over.. and you're facing multi opponents.. im still folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Bill King,

11:1 is enough to call on his four gutshot outs alone.

Best wishes,
Shant

12-06-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ, AJ, AT, A9s, 55, 66, 77, 88, JJ, JT.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ, AJ raise preflop. If they don't, they're not calling a river bet.

55, 66, 77, 88, A9 are never calling a flop and turn bet, let alone a river bet.

AT, JT are extremely slim possibilities after Hero raised preflop and bet every street.

JJ is the only one I would say could call a river bet but it would have raised preflop.