Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Downloading music? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=127638)

Utah 09-24-2004 08:35 AM

Re: Downloading music?

You can only get it by downloading it through a different file sharing program.

lowroller 09-24-2004 10:47 AM

Where in my post does it ask for the "hot/preferred" illegal client?

astroglide 09-24-2004 01:11 PM

i pay $10/month for unlimited use of napster. it's worth it just to sample before you buy even if you don't listen regularly.

Wahoo91 09-25-2004 10:37 PM

I use Real but the copy protection and burn software really suck (e.g. can not use Nero like I used to with all the copy protections now).

I have burned more coasters over the past three months than the past 5 years combined.

Real really sucks but I am not happy with any other service. If someone really did this right they would make a killing.

Utah 09-26-2004 12:39 AM

Real really sucks but I am not happy with any other service. If someone really did this right they would make a killing.

I cant understand how no one can accomplish this. I would pay for a service but they all completely suck. I think they should have a service where you can download and use anyway you want for $20-$30 a month. They would make a fortune. Instead, they have an overpriced product combined with inconvenience.

Schneids 09-26-2004 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i pay $10/month for unlimited use of napster. it's worth it just to sample before you buy even if you don't listen regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you pay $10/month for "unlimited use" of napster and still for any songs you wish to download they cost 99 cents? Or if you do the unlimited usage do you basically ignore where it says the track costs 99 cents?

astroglide 09-26-2004 01:44 AM

you can stream the stuff without restrictions. you can also download secure wma files on up to 3 pcs, but they will stop working if your napster subscription lapses.

Wahoo91 09-26-2004 02:35 PM

so are you locked into Napster forever for $10/month then?

astroglide 09-26-2004 03:54 PM

yes. they have a lien on my house and i am forced to wear a gps-equipped ankle bracement so that they know my whereabouts.

Shilly 09-27-2004 09:36 PM

If you live on a college campus or you are connected to a large network, download iTunes for free and then google for "ourTunes." It is a file-sharing program that allows you to download songs from anyone else with iTunes on your network almost instantly (each song takes about one second).