Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   favorite charities (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=305876)

Los Feliz Slim 08-02-2005 09:56 AM

Re: favorite charities

ACLU
Planned Parenthood
ASPCA

The problem was, when I gave them money they spent at least half of it trying to get more. So now I do it anonymously.

2planka 08-02-2005 10:07 AM

I give to the following charities/NPO's:

Jimmy Fund
Am. Cancer Society
Pan Mass Challenge web page
Disabled Vets (father-in-law is a Vietnam vet)
Massachusetts Audubon Society

MrWookie47 08-02-2005 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kwazar

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

I'll say Lutheran World Relief. They were recently identified by I think it was an NBC report as the charity where the biggest fraction of every dollar goes towards helping people, not towards charity overhead or raising more dollars.

CCass 08-02-2005 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Habitat for Humanities- I contribute both labor and money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I served on the local HFH Board for 5 years. By far the best run "charity" I have ever seen.

sfer 08-02-2005 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I go with the federal government. I give almost 40% of income. Thats how dedicated I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

40% to the IRS? No you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he pays 28% in federal income taxes and 13% in Social Security/Medicare taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt both numbers here.

Nick-Zack 08-02-2005 11:06 AM

Every year on my birthday - Jun. 2 - I give everything that I win to the Shriners Hospital (I was there for almost a year a long time ago.)

Every year on a friends birthday - Nov. 11 - I give everything to different breast cancer research charities (she died 2 years ago of breast cancer).

Voltron87 08-02-2005 11:11 AM

i need jake to post in this thread so i can tell him i give money to the hooker i keep on call.

jakethebake 08-02-2005 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i need jake to post in this thread so i can tell him i give money to the hooker i keep on call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't aware she was disabled. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

anyway, i give to:
march of dimes
MDA
ducks unlimited

Voltron87 08-02-2005 11:17 AM

nights like last night make me thankful god created booty calls. last night went from being a weird 5/10 to an excellent 9/10. high school girls have real issues, i was saying WTF? a lot last night.

jakethebake 08-02-2005 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nights like last night make me thankful god created booty calls. last night went from being a weird 5/10 to an excellent 9/10. high school girls have real issues, i was saying WTF? a lot last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

this needs a longer explaination with complete details.