Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A few suited A's from the CO (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383216)

flawless_victory 11-22-2005 10:58 AM

Re: A few suited A\'s from the CO

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn we have a big draw but the board fits with many potential holdings and it would really suck to get 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]well, considering weve shown zero strength throughout the hand, a turn raise is a must.
he could easily have a hand like 88 here, and raising the turn will be our only chance to win the pot w/ the worst hand. getting threebet does not suck. we are gonna get 2 more bets (if not 4) when we make the nuts on the end and lose no more when we miss, so fine.
also our hand has some showdown value and if we raise there, we can take the free showdown and beat something like KJ... if we played it passive, he prob wouldve bluffed us out on the river.

11-22-2005 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the turn we have a big draw but the board fits with many potential holdings and it would really suck to get 3-bet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, considering weve shown zero strength throughout the hand, a turn raise is a must.
he could easily have a hand like 88 here, and raising the turn will be our only chance to win the pot w/ the worst hand. getting threebet does not suck. we are gonna get 2 more bets (if not 4) when we make the nuts on the end and lose no more when we miss , so fine.
also our hand has some showdown value and if we raise there, we can take the free showdown and beat something like KJ... if we played it passive, he prob wouldve bluffed us out on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 3-bet are you calling this river?

stigmata 11-22-2005 11:02 AM

Good points. I'm not convinced villain is probably folding very often, even an underpair against a turn raise. On the other hand, he doesn't need to fold that often to make the play profitable, so maybe your right.

flawless_victory 11-22-2005 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If i cap an i just firing away until shown aggression? If he leads on this flop am i raising?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes.
usually not, that just gets you threebet.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you call if the river brings a four flush?

[/ QUOTE ]
of course.

[ QUOTE ]
but does my raise fold out a pair from the bb.

[/ QUOTE ]
probably not.
this play is based upon the BB representing either trips or a bluff. why would he play 77 like this? i think you have him beat often.

11-22-2005 11:52 AM

What is the worst hand you will cap with here...just picking out a likely range(obv player dependant) ATs, AJo, KQs 99?