Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Making a player read based on things the player has done this hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328832)

helpmeout 09-03-2005 08:22 AM

Re: Making a player read based on things the player has done this hand

Bet/fold the turn if he calls then check/call if you make a pair and check/raise if you make a straight on the river.

einbert 09-03-2005 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold the turn if he calls then check/call if you make a pair and check/raise if you make a straight on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we bet and get raised on the turn we will be getting a good price to see the river card. I'm not sure folding is correct in that case.

Whether I bet the turn and get called or check/call it, I like check/calling the river if it is a 9.

einbert 09-03-2005 08:45 AM

Personally I found the decision to fold to the river raise rather than pay it off close and interesting. I wonder why noone has commented on it yet.

mr pink 09-03-2005 09:31 AM

question, is it that out of the ordinary to check/fold a flop after you defend from the bb? is it necessary to make a move at every pot you get involved in? say you defend with J9s or T9o, the flop comes A 7 4 rainbow. are you giving up that much if you just check/fold? i'm confused how you're making a read of this guy out of one hand where he didn't do something that strange.

einbert 09-03-2005 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

question, is it that out of the ordinary to check/fold a flop after you defend from the bb? is it necessary to make a move at every pot you get involved in? say you defend with J9s or T9o, the flop comes A 7 4 rainbow. are you giving up that much if you just check/fold? i'm confused how you're making a read of this guy out of one hand where he didn't do something that strange.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not out of the ordinary or incorrect to do this. I am simply trying to give the best reads I can, and as this was pretty much the only thing I had observed out of this guy so far I included it.

sthief09 09-03-2005 10:06 AM

I like it through the turn. the river is tough. I think that's probably good though I hate folding in general

mr pink 09-03-2005 10:37 AM

ok, i thought that you were commenting on the flop check/fold because it was out of the ordinary.