Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   sixmax limit 1/2 o8 hand for discussion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340746)

kurto 09-20-2005 04:46 PM

Re: sixmax limit 1/2 o8 hand for discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. No other discussion necessary about post flop play until you can let this one go to the preflop raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate why this is an autofold? Is this not a good hand for a high scoop? 3 broadway cards, a pair and doublesuited...

Brad F. 09-20-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. No other discussion necessary about post flop play until you can let this one go to the preflop raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that he flopped the nut straight and is asking for advice postflop. So therefore the discussion is necessary. He's not asking how to play perfect O/8, just how to play in the situation he got himself into.

Brad

Beavis68 09-20-2005 05:24 PM

Re: sixmax limit o8 hand for discussion

[ QUOTE ]

Do we want to build the pot even though we'll only have the best hand on the river 40-50% of the time? Does the fact that there are 3 players still mean we should build the pot or no?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont need 50% equity against multiple oppnents, you just need to win more than the share of the money you are putting in.

You gain much more info by raising here. You have the best hand, you have one blocking card to a boat.

If the betting gets capped here and someone still leads out when the board pairs or the flush hits, then you fold.

09-20-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't most any more until your testicles grow back.

The above is terrible advice in limit. Play this hand, just play it well post-flop.

DyessMan89 09-20-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You cant let this one go, atleast for 6-max.

09-20-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't post any more until your testicles grow back.

The above is terrible advice in limit. Play this hand, just play it well post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

God I screw up even my attempts at minimally humorous insults.

KneeCo 09-20-2005 08:29 PM

To those advocating playing this hand, even given the PF raise. Would you suggest raising with it if not for the raise in front of him?

cjs 09-22-2005 03:12 PM

At a 6max table I would call the raise pre, not raise pre if no raise before, bet/raise the flop and fold to any action after the board pairs.

Nick_Foxx 09-22-2005 06:37 PM

All I can say is that Nick_Foxx fellow played perfectly

Mike

Buzz 09-22-2005 09:01 PM

Clayton - I'd rather play this starting hand, AJQQd, to a single bet than a double bet - but I'd call the raise pre-flop.

But then when you flop the Broadway, I think you should pop it.

I cringed when I read that you just called the 2nd round bet. I think you have to do your best to take the pot here or make it expensive for your opponents to draw out on you.

And then if you did that, maybe the rest of the hand would have played differently. In other words, maybe poway phil would have folded to a double bet after the flop.

The way you played it, you're stuck chasing if the board either flushes or pairs. Forcing poway phil to confront a double bet instead of a single bet might not have mattered - but maybe it would have.

I think you have to seize the opportunity to put poway phil (and the others) to the test on the second betting round.

Just my opinion.

Buzz