Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   so yesterday i just kept hitting the call button (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389291)

tigerite 12-01-2005 04:54 PM

Re: so yesterday i just kept hitting the call button

t1170 isn't really that short at 75/150. That's a borderline one at best - it absolutely shafts your stack if you lose.

The second one is a clear call, not least because he's a) shorter and b) effects your stack less..

durron597 12-01-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
t1170 isn't really that short at 75/150. That's a borderline one at best - it absolutely shafts your stack if you lose.

The second one is a clear call, not least because he's a) shorter and b) effects your stack less..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember what reads I had at the time, but I probably don't make either of these calls completely readless.

tigerite 12-01-2005 04:59 PM

That's fair enough.. a CO push is often a steal, but a decent player shouldnt be pushing down to A6o here I think, so it'd be a strange type to call here (which obviously he was - something like a LAG or a TAG who doesn't quite get ICM, or whatever)

citanul 12-01-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's fair enough.. a CO push is often a steal, but a decent player shouldnt be pushing down to A6o here I think, so it'd be a strange type to call here (which obviously he was - something like a LAG or a TAG who doesn't quite get ICM, or whatever)

[/ QUOTE ]

he shouldn't? can someone run that? make some assumptions, one tight calling range, and then one where everyone behind him calls with exactly the hands that are ahead of A6, and maybe KQ thrown in for kicks.

Newt_Buggs 12-01-2005 05:08 PM

Folding the second one would be a very bad fold. If my opponent is so bad as to be pushing a range tight enough to make this a bad call then I'm just going to have to pay him off.

The second is closer, but against decent opponents i'm calling more often then not.

12-01-2005 05:11 PM

What do you do if you're the CO w/A-6 offsuit? Muck it? Limp?

durron597 12-01-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding the second one would be a very bad fold. If my opponent is so bad as to be pushing a range tight enough to make this a bad call then I'm just going to have to pay him off.

The second is closer, but against decent opponents i'm calling more often then not.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are players at the 60s who are this tight. Granted, I'm calling 95% or more of opponents.

Newt_Buggs 12-01-2005 05:25 PM

Okay, I just plugged it into SNGPT and he needs to be folding things like A8o before this is a bad call (86% of hands). There are very, very few poker players that are trying to win who are going to fold A8o on the button with 4.5 big blinds.

citanul 12-01-2005 05:38 PM

can you run that other hand, the one where the guy pushes 1100 instead of the 900 one, and check out my other question?

c

Newt_Buggs 12-01-2005 05:59 PM

Can you take my econometrics final that's coming up for me?

wtf, you guys can't do this for yourselves? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]