Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   a 9,9 poll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=258037)

wuwei 05-24-2005 01:42 AM

Re: a 9,9 poll

[ QUOTE ]
this is the stupidest idea ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, a Stop N Go is the worst idea ever.

Anyways, you should get your sarcasm detectors serviced [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

lastchance 05-24-2005 01:50 AM

It's hard on the internet, especially without smilies. (really, lolz)

Correct sarcasm would be "raise to t1300, over 3/4 your stack, and c/f the flop even though you have a pair and tremendous pot odds. :P"

ilya 05-24-2005 02:15 AM

I would call and play mostly, but not exclusively, for set value.

wizard 05-24-2005 03:56 PM

I voted stop and go because that is the closest thing to call. I at least still have the option to stop and stop or even chk raise if that seems right based on a 5 card hand.

Bigwig 05-24-2005 03:59 PM

Regardless of stack sizes (which also dictate that the Stop n' go is a bad move), you can't make the play, BECAUSE THE SB CALLED THE RAISE. YOU WILL NOT BE FIRST TO ACT.

If you call here, and the flop comes AKJ, and you push your nines into two players, you stink.

Nathan183 05-24-2005 04:03 PM

Sarcasm is best when it's subtle. That being said, I think it was pretty obvious he was joking.

Phil Van Sexton 05-24-2005 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm.... CALL. Anything else is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. I guess I'm stupid.

ilya 05-24-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really fold? I think you have enough stack and enough direct odds and enough chance of stacking someone if you set up to see a flop here.

I really don't like pushing either. Yes the pot is large in relation to your stack but given how favorable the conditions for calling are, and how sizeable a stack you have even if you fold the flop, I think pushing is a foolhardy risk.

Phil Van Sexton 05-24-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really fold? I think you have enough stack and enough direct odds and enough chance of stacking someone if you set up to see a flop here.

I really don't like pushing either. Yes the pot is large in relation to your stack but given how favorable the conditions for calling are, and how sizeable a stack you have even if you fold the flop, I think pushing is a foolhardy risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really am stupid....I didn't see that the SB called. Call.

jgunnip 05-24-2005 04:24 PM

I voted fold but only because "call" wasn't an option.