Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   wisdom teeth out, face swollen as hell 3 days later (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323027)

EliteNinja 08-26-2005 01:27 AM

Re: wisdom teeth out, face swollen as hell 3 days later

I had ONE out with local anisthetic.
Took 2 hours.
Did not stop bleeding for 2 days.
Face was swollen for a week.
It got infected after 1 day and my throat balooned up, had a fever and I could not swallow as the pain would send me into convulsions. Did not sleep for 2 days. Tylenol 3 did nothing.

Not fun.

Get it checked out, man.

Shajen 08-26-2005 09:26 AM

Got mine done in the Corps. All 4 at once. Local anesthetic, Navy doc took some pliers and crushed the teeth.

Half way through the procedure feeling starting coming back, so the Doc shot me up with the anesthetic again. When the procedure was done, I went back to work. I couldn't talk, I sounded like Bill Cosby when he jokes about the dentist visit. I had drool running out of my mouth because I couldn't tell if it was open or closed.

There is nothing like hearing the sound of your teeth shattering.

[censored] Navy doctors. You could request to be knocked out, but it was rare for them to do it. About a week later, I woke up and had a [censored] tooth root hanging out of the bottom right socket. I ended up pulling it out and it was like an inch and a half long. Grossest [censored] ever. My roommate almost yacked when I showed it to him. (I didn't know wtf it was at the time)

For Jake: did you get yours taken out by a Navy doc too? The Docs on mainside Pendleton didn't play.

You fuckers and your getting knocked out have no idea how lucky you are.

Oh, I recommend you drink copious amounts of alcohol and smoke, so you can bleed for a week. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jackdaniels 08-26-2005 09:59 AM

I had all 4 taken out in the same procedure - after full anasthesia. I woke up 30 minutes after the procedure began and proceeded to spew blood all over my shirt (my wife thought I was dying). The nurse had to keep reminding me to breathe...

Anyway, I got 40 percocets and proceeded to spend the next week stoned out of my tree. The pain and bleeding was fairly minimal. If your doc gave you percocets and you aren't taking them, it is sad for you (and also, do you live anywhere near Toronto, Canada? I'll gladly take them off your hands [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

08-26-2005 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They prescribed some percocet for me which is supposed to be stronger than vicodin. I took some the first day and hurled badly so I stopped taking it.

[/ QUOTE ]
What the...? Try again, they mix well with captain and coke!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Shajen 08-26-2005 10:12 AM

Why the percocet?

Seriously, I wasn't given any pain medication other than motrin.

Either I'm way tougher than you guys (not likely) or we are all getting soft.

Bulldog 08-26-2005 10:14 AM

My surgeon told me day three is always the worst. He was right, and day four I was feeling really good.

jackdaniels 08-26-2005 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the percocet?

Seriously, I wasn't given any pain medication other than motrin.

Either I'm way tougher than you guys (not likely) or we are all getting soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do belive you are way tougher than most of the guys here (and I include myself in that category gladly - I am no fighter). I got the percocets because I stressed my low tolerance for pain (going fully under for the wisdom teeth extraction is something I paid about $1200 more for than getting it done the usual way).

I didn't think you were tougher before this thread. But the combination of you being a vet and getting them removed with pliers (I had that done to me once as a kid - never want to repeat the experience), has convinced me that you are.

Shajen 08-26-2005 10:27 AM

Dude, I am a giant pussy.

Ya'll are just bigger [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

UseThePeenEnd 08-26-2005 11:20 AM

Without a doubt the best wisdom tooth story ever.

nh, sir

08-26-2005 04:21 PM

I had no real side effects. I bled for about 2 hours and slept for about 6 but when I woke up the bleeding had stopped and my cheeks were swollen at all. I even ate Taco Bell that night by chewing with just my front teeth. I was fine the next day and went back to everyday life.