Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Stats post... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395790)

scotty34 12-10-2005 10:42 PM

Re: Stats post...

Your Folded SB to Steal seems awfully high at 86.4%. I think you are giving up some there, especially with a 1/2 blind structure.

Surfbullet 12-10-2005 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your Folded SB to Steal seems awfully high at 86.4%. I think you are giving up some there, especially with a 1/2 blind structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake eats alot of the most marginal hands' potential profit. There's an aura of mystique around 30/20 play but long-term, big winners in the game (Schneids, Vehn, Nate Tha Great) had significant success with the 21/17 style, and for years it was the standard around HUSH.

The 30/20 is a higher-variance version that will yield greater results at higher limits where the rake is a smaller %age of each pot. It also requires impeccable postflop skills.

Surf

scotty34 12-10-2005 11:01 PM

That makes sense, but 86.4% folded to steal. That seems pretty ridiculous at 10/20 when I would think most guys Att to Steal is between 30-40%. They are stealing with K8o, and it looks like he would be folding A8o here.

My Folded SB to Steal is 72%, which I think is probably too low, as my SB play is probably my biggest leak right now. I think there has to be a happy medium somewhere in there though.

imported_leader 12-10-2005 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake eats alot of the most marginal hands' potential profit. There's an aura of mystique around 30/20 play but long-term, big winners in the game (Schneids, Vehn, Nate Tha Great) had significant success with the 21/17 style, and for years it was the standard around HUSH.

The 30/20 is a higher-variance version that will yield greater results at higher limits where the rake is a smaller %age of each pot. It also requires impeccable postflop skills.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Being in the middle of those two styles could be optimal as well. I've been trying to play looser lately and have move from 21/16 to 24/19.

krishanleong 12-10-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That makes sense, but 86.4% folded to steal. That seems pretty ridiculous at 10/20 when I would think most guys Att to Steal is between 30-40%. They are stealing with K8o, and it looks like he would be folding A8o here.

My Folded SB to Steal is 72%, which I think is probably too low, as my SB play is probably my biggest leak right now. I think there has to be a happy medium somewhere in there though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If K8o is the worse hand in a stealers range, it is correct to fold A8o in the SB. Not really close.

Krishan

Lmn55d 12-10-2005 11:10 PM

most winning 10/20 players I know have a sb folded to steal around 85. 86 is fine

scotty34 12-10-2005 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If K8o is the worse hand in a stealers range, it is correct to fold A8o in the SB. Not really close.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just using K8o as an example - I'm sure 76s is also in the range or 30-40%.

scotty34 12-10-2005 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most winning 10/20 players I know have a sb folded to steal around 85. 86 is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? This surprises me. I think my project for tonight is going to be to dig around in the archives for good posts on SB defense, as if this is the case, I'm seriously spewing chips.

krishanleong 12-10-2005 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just using K8o as an example - I'm sure 76s is also in the range or 30-40%.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm trying to say is you don't choose your defending hands by comparing your hand to the bottom hands in your opponents range. That a great way to burn money.

Krishan

scotty34 12-10-2005 11:36 PM

I was trying to make a comparison between the lower end of the defending range vs the middle of their stealing range. That is a comparison that would make sense to me.