Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How many states have you been to? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343400)

tdarko 09-24-2005 12:20 PM

Re: How many states have you been to?

yeah i am going to have to count the states i haven't been to...washington, oregon, n & s dakota, wyoming, idaho, montana, w. virginia, virginia, maryland.
i have been to 40.

jdl22 09-24-2005 12:20 PM

we counting airports?

Without airports I've been to 10 (in order of appearance):
Oregon, California, Washington, Hawai'i, Arizona, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York

I've also been to Washington DC. New Jersey should barely count. I took a train from Pittsburgh to New York that passed through New Jersey and also was briefly on Ellis Island which I'm told is technically in New Jersey.

Counting airports I've also been in Illinois, Ohio, Georgia, Texas, and Colorado.

Thythe 09-24-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been to more countries than states. And I'm sure most people here can claim the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that sounds like a ridiculous thing to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I would hardly think most people have been to several dozen countries.

PITTM 09-24-2005 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been to more countries than states. And I'm sure most people here can claim the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

not me...17 states, 5 countries...

california, nevada, arizona, washington, oregon, kansas, missouri, illinois, wisconsin, iowa, indiana, new york, mass., new jersey, utah, colorado, minnesota.

united states of america, canada, mexico, germany, italy. states win.

rj

jacki 09-24-2005 04:14 PM

In order of appearance:
Wisconsin
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Tennessee
Alabama
Louisiana
Minnesota
Michigan
Florida
Georgia
Colorado
Nevada

That's it I think.

KDawgCometh 09-24-2005 04:18 PM

does driving through count? and what would DC count as, virginia, maryland, or weird place that knows no state

09-24-2005 04:25 PM

I'm more countries than states. (England, Ireland, Holland, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, Sri Lanka, India, Belize, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, Oman, Malaysia, Indonesia, China (sorta, Hong Kong but pre-97), Egypt, Canada and the USA vs Washington State, California, Illinois and New York).

Skip Brutale 09-24-2005 04:28 PM

Not counting states merely flown over, I've been to California, Nevada, Oregon, Alaska, Texas, Kansas, Oaklahoma, Arizona, Arkansas, Montana, Idaho. Probably some other [censored] in the Idaho Montana region I'm forgetting.

StevieG 09-24-2005 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does driving through count?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless you stopped to do something. Tourist traps (South of the Border in SC, Corn Palace in Iowa) count, chain restaurants not unique to that state do not.

Airport transfers definitely do not count.

In any case, 37/50. Big Sky country kicks my ass.

kerssens 09-24-2005 07:37 PM

Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Illinois, Missouri, Florida. I think that equals 10.