Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   99 LP, how's my line (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=275803)

pleyya 06-18-2005 09:52 PM

Re: 99 LP, how\'s my line

ok

would you do the same if the prefl raiser was TAA ?

toss 06-18-2005 09:52 PM

Depends on how tight.

thejameser 06-18-2005 09:57 PM

without reads it seems pretty standard. being called by 3 people on the river is a little curious, was the table that loose. if you won it was because the 8s may have counterfeited someone's smaller 2 pair, although i am certainly not saying you won. i may check that river with reads. if they are calling stations, value bet.

Dave D 06-19-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand the preflop play, is this just me ? With 99 in a multiw pot you pretty much need to hit 9 or get a low fl. Are you trying to get UTG + 1 out and take down the pot on the flop ? Id rather call and hope for multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. 99 has a pretty big edge against random players. Here, however, you want the button hardcore. You want to isolate the weak 2/4 player with a worse hand than 99. It's a value raise, a position raise, and an isolation raise all in one. Which rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's basically why I did it. I was ready to fold to an overcard w/o chance of improvement on teh flop. So when the flop came all undercards I thought I had a chance to take this down.

Dave D 06-19-2005 02:18 PM

Yeah, I expected less people to be in after I bet the turn, and I thought I had a legit chance of taking it down w/o showing on the river. As far as how the table was playing, thats how I felt.

Incidently, the winner was QQ, who beat also JJ.

jjacky 06-19-2005 06:05 PM

i would fold preflop without a read.

it is obviously impossible to isolate anyone because there was a raise and a cold call. there are 3 player yet to act. the very best you can wish for imo is to get 3 way action against two overcard hands. and even that is not a favorable situation!

27offsooot 06-19-2005 06:49 PM

Dave,
3-betting PF is fine. Reads would help, but meh. I would call the flop, b/c it's very possible AA/ KK will three bet u and u would really like to see the turn cheaply which u can do right now closing the action (u have set and bd str8 outs). Also, if one or more of these players have failed overcards, they'll very likely check the turn to u and u can bet or raise the initial ccers bet if he bets. Having raised the flop, u have to bet the turn. The river bet is bad though for the stated reasons.

Felipe 06-19-2005 07:19 PM

marginal hand, too many opponents. Methinks the river bet's a no-no.

SmileyEH 06-19-2005 08:39 PM

Based on this hand, and your inclination to cap the turn with TPTK in another hand I would say you are too aggressive for these games. At 10/20 6max your plays may be correct, but at 2/4 and 3/6 you simply will not get value.

-SmileyEH

oreogod 06-20-2005 12:36 AM

Ah, u are not isolating anyone when someone cold calls a raise. This pot is definitly going to ATLEAST be 3-handed. And I doubt you are against a random hand here, even before SB caps it.

Either call or fold. Whats with the flop, you're behind.