Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Razz Starting Hand Requirements (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=141220)

TRBNGR 10-28-2004 01:31 PM

Re: Razz Starting Hand Requirements

Isn't it usually the highest upcard showing that is the bring in? Or is the variant I play an abberation?

Iceman 10-28-2004 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it usually the highest upcard showing that is the bring in? Or is the variant I play an abberation?

[/ QUOTE ]

In limit razz, the HIGHEST upcard brings it in.

In pot-limit razz, sometimes people play that the lowest upcard is the bring-in. If the high card brings it in, then you tend to get a lot of action on third and fourth street, massively increasing the variance and the luck factor. By having the low card bring it in, it will usually keep the pot small on the early streets, and hands will usually be more defined before any real money goes in.

Nick_Foxx 10-28-2004 01:47 PM

hey buzz, the high card brings it in...

i actually get 33.5 to 1 on the being dealt 3 cards to a wheel but we're splitting hairs

20/52*16/51*12/50=2.9%

Tom Bayes 10-28-2004 02:36 PM

Re: Which online sites have razz

Full Tilt has razz SNGs at the $5,$10,and $20 levels. You'll have a long wait for anything above the $5. I don't believe FT has razz ring games yet and I am unsure if they plan on adding them.

Planet Poker has razz ring games and occasional razz MTTs. The MTTs have either a $5 or $10 buy-in and they usually have 3 or 4 per week. Typically draws only 10-30 players. I have literally NEVER seen a razz cash game ever running at Planet but the rooms are there if you can find the players. I noticed the razz ring games were absent on "Planet 2" (i.e. the Planet upgrade currently in beta testing). This might mean that Planet is dropping razz once they complete the switchover to the new software.

Buzz 10-28-2004 05:32 PM

TRBNGR - Yikes. What was I thinking? I stand corrected. Thank you.

Buzz

Buzz 10-28-2004 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey buzz, the high card brings it in...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike - Of course it does. Thanks for the correction.

[ QUOTE ]
i actually get 33.5 to 1 on the being dealt 3 cards to a wheel but we're splitting hairs

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about that too. The rest of my post is (slightly) in error too. I better not play any poker today.

Thanks for the warning.

Buzz

chaos 10-29-2004 08:23 AM

Generally I'll play any three cards seven or lower although not always 76x. Occasionally I'll play three low cards with an eight if the eight is in the hole and the other two cards are very good. You must pay attention to how live are the low cards you want to catch.

If people start jamming on third or fourth street I dump the marginal hands.

Andy B 10-31-2004 01:34 AM

Buzz,

In razz, the high card brings it in, as I recall.

Buzz 10-31-2004 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In razz, the high card brings it in, as I recall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy - Indeed it does. My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Buzz

NicktheManiac 11-01-2004 07:12 AM

Re: Which online sites have razz

I've found Full Tilt to be pretty good with the Razz sit-n-go's. Just sign up and leave it there for a while, it might take a half hour but there's alot of people who don't understand the game at all. I've won 2 razz sng's on there and came in 2nd once recently.