Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What is a good Johnny Cash album/song? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=160246)

ThaSaltCracka 12-10-2004 05:59 PM

Re: What is a good Johnny Cash album/song?

select songs are good off that album.

Boris 12-10-2004 06:09 PM

best songs...
Folson Prison Blues (his best ever)
25 Minutes to Go
Understand Your Man.

nothumb 12-10-2004 06:24 PM

Hey Boris --

Good ones. I would also nominate:

Cry, Cry, Cry
Don't Take Your Guns to Town
Sunday Morning Coming Down

His best covers, IMHO, are:

Father and Son
Hung My Head
Wayfaring Stranger
I Won't Back Down

NT

ThaSaltCracka 12-10-2004 06:30 PM

this thread made me put my Johnny Cash cd on at work, thank you, I really enjoy this CD

Boris 12-10-2004 06:36 PM

Yea I like all those songs. My only gripe with Cash is that I tend to listen to one song over and over until I get totally sick of it.

Dwight Yoakam does a good cover of Understand Your Man on his latest CD.

nothumb 12-10-2004 06:43 PM

Yeah, I'll do that too. Because you hear a song, and go 'fock, that's good,' and listen to it a ton, and then can't hear it anymore. I try to only listen to albums or put several songs on a mix.

At least with Cash there are a ton of songs, so if you get sick of one you don't have to stop listening to him. I have the same problem with Biggie Smalls, and he only put out two albums. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

NT

Rooster71 12-11-2004 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sunday Morning Coming Down

[/ QUOTE ]

The absolute best.

wacki 12-14-2004 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread made me put my Johnny Cash cd on at work, thank you, I really enjoy this CD

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, and everyone else for posting in this thread. I have a feeling by the end of the week I'm going to own a half a dozen Johnny Cash CD's. "Boy named Sue", "When the Man comes around", and "25 minutes to go" are my favorite right now.

jaeon 12-14-2004 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His 1996 album Unchained is pretty great, with a great cover of Soundgarden's 'Rusty Cage'. His cover of NIN's 'Hurt' that came out last year (or 2002?) gives me chills: find the video on the web. Awesome.

The box set 'Love, God, Murder' is an awesome retrospective that came out in 2000, with a disc on each of those themes. 'Murder' rules. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah! i have to agree 100% here. but, really, is there a BAD johnny cash song?

IggyWH 12-14-2004 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His cover of NIN's 'Hurt' that came out last year (or 2002?) gives me chills: find the video on the web. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to beat a great NIN's song but him doing Hurt just had a certain ring to it.