Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   From the Text Book: HAND READING (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306040)

TakeMeToTheRiver 08-02-2005 02:09 PM

Re: From the Text Book: HAND READING

[ QUOTE ]
56s

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my vote... and I like the way he played it too... but with no read on the button, the exercise is somewhat of a guessing game.

SteamingFish 08-02-2005 02:12 PM

66! He's a crazy fish you thinks you have AK.

chief444 08-02-2005 02:19 PM

56s, 44, 33, AQ/KQ...all possible. Given that it's an unknown 2/4 opponent so are 34s, Q3s, Q4s, Q7s, QQ, KK, AA, ........ AK, a bluff with something totally unexpected.....I'm sure there are more.

56s would be my first guess though with 33/44 second and a decent Q a distant third.

I don't know why you seem to think this isn't that hard to guess.

meep_42 08-02-2005 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you seem to think this isn't that hard to guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a thinly veiled bad beat post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-d

chief444 08-02-2005 02:22 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I don't think naphand would do that.

thejameser 08-02-2005 02:28 PM

AQ

naphand 08-02-2005 02:57 PM

Actually I think most people are thinking that villain has me beat here, but I don't think losing with AA can be considered a bad beat unless its to a Rivered set or something like that. It's not like NL where frequently a ton of money gets invested up front PF. AA is just 1 pair and I long since stopped worrying about getting them cracked. I can tell you I got AA 3 times today playing $3/$6 full, and made a very healthy profit with them. 1 hand means very little on its own.

This may be a beat or it may not, people should stop getting so worked up about it. I posted this as a test for the forum to see if it would take to a regular post like this without bitching and moaning about "how hard it is" or "opponent could have any hands here - this is crap". IT'S A BIT OF FUN and an excuse to laugh at hands that bad players play for $$.

stripsqueeze ran a very successful "guess the hand for $$" thread over in the HUSH Forum (which is where I have mostly appeared from). I figured you weak-tighties might appreciate something similar...that's all. Some of his hands were horrible beats, some were wins it does not matter.

Lighten up guys.

[ QUOTE ]
the exercise is somewhat of a guessing game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are right. If it was just a matter of working things out against a straightforward and unimaginative player there would be no fun it it for ME! Why would I put up $20 unless some weeks no-one could work it out? Against chooks you are guessing quite a lot of the time - but still playing for value.

meep_42 08-02-2005 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lighten up guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking... thusly the :P in my post.

-d

naphand 08-02-2005 03:05 PM

I would never hear the end of it... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

naphand 08-02-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a typical player...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, you are right but I did not say he was typical did I? No more hints.