Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Keeping the Lead in the Blinds (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403522)

milesdyson 12-22-2005 07:14 PM

Re: Keeping the Lead in the Blinds

[ QUOTE ]
The only other random paired cards that we beat and will call are weak tens and fives.

[/ QUOTE ]
we beat no tens.

i check call this river. there are plenty of missed straights or turned flush draws that he can bluff with.

Guruman 12-22-2005 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When you say Ace high, you mean something like K9 that counts as A-high because of the Ace on board?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. should have been more specific, but many good high cards hands will call here.

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile any A, 8, or good T is beating us. So do low PPs, weak Ts, and 5s really outnumber As, strong Ts, or 8s here? My guess is no because a 5 seems so unlikely. I say check/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

while its true that many aces are beating us, I'd say we can pretty comfortably rule out AK-AT, A8, and most overpairs - as they would have found a raise waaaay before the river. probably preflop or on the flop.

that's 1/4 of the aces right there. the only one pair tens that beat us are QT and KT. Two pair tens either raise that flop or that turn.

An 8 improved on the turn, so it couldn't have raised pf or on the flop without another piece. I usually see an immediate turn raise, but a river raise is not unreasonable.

so when its our turn on the river we're likely up against
-the lower 3/4 of the ace range
-the upper half of the eight range (as 83o probably folds pf)
-the middle 3/4 of the ten range (as big tens will raise pf or on the flop, and crap ten probably fold pf)
-a pp 99 or lower
-some crap king high hand that's looking us up
-a busted draw (like 79[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) that will probably fold

I think the portion of that range that both calls and would check through if we gave it a chance is significant enough that we have to bet it.

I also hate calling the raise, because the river is the blank of all blanks and it stinks of a slowplayed turn.

people play poker so they can call. Give them a bet to call with. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Guruman 12-22-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

we beat no tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

we kick the hell out of T9, T7, T6, T5. I've seen all of these and more called out of the bb when the sb opens.

Perseus 12-22-2005 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

we beat no tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

we kick the hell out of T9, T7, T6, T5. I've seen all of these and more called out of the bb when the sb opens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or we would if the board wasn't paired or the A didn't play [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

27offsooot 12-22-2005 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

we beat no tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude can u read? I think most of your advice in this thread is poor.

I am in the c/c camp here. If opponent is a horrible calling station, then bet, but if he's not, then i would c/c. I don't know what the typical unknown is at 1/2, so perhaps b/f is better.

fizzleboink 12-22-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-the lower 3/4 of the ace range
-the upper half of the eight range (as 83o probably folds pf)
-the middle 3/4 of the ten range (as big tens will raise pf or on the flop, and crap ten probably fold pf)
-a pp 99 or lower
-some crap king high hand that's looking us up
-a busted draw (like 79[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) that will probably fold

[/ QUOTE ]

1. no value in a bet, small possibility of a raise
2. no value in a bet, high possibility of a raise
3. no value in a bet (the Ace plays as the 5th card)
4. there is value in a bet here
5. possibly some value here, this depends a lot on your image, his image, previous hands, etc.
6. but may bet when we check!

ArturiusX 12-23-2005 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i go for the check/call since he cant call with to many hands that we are ahead of

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I just vomitted.