Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Simple (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373521)

11-07-2005 02:38 PM

Re: Simple

Isn't his flop raise also consistent with a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? I'd be a little concerned that there were several players still left to act behind him when he raised the flop - indicating that he was on something other than a strong draw.

brettbrettr 11-07-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy wont check a turn with a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. My bad.

brettbrettr 11-07-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a similar raise on Saturday I knew I wasn't going to get called but I was sort of pissed that I gave him a card so I check-raised the river to say [censored] you.

I guess in this hand you gain a bit when he folds a better king he was just trying to show down. Obv he's folding most of the time.

Nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, my thoughts about him folding a better king are retarded. 2 things:

1. The river check-raise is basically a metagame don't [censored] with me move b/c he's clearly not calling with a worse hand.

2. If he bets the turn and the river, you fold the river, right?

flopmonster 11-07-2005 02:51 PM

I like a check/called river bc of the possibility of the ste here.

hicherbie 11-07-2005 03:41 PM

an abc with TdXd bets here when checked to I think. i like it.

The Goober 11-07-2005 06:02 PM

I like it. Were you going to fold to a turn bet? With a stronger hand, I like pulling a stop 'n go here. WIth such a weak hand, though, I like checking - in fact, the chance that villain takes a free card is part of why I would call the flop raise in the first place.

On the river, I like checking to induce a bluff or a value-bet from a T. I think the raise is thin, but I like it - mostly because of the small but real chance that we can get villain to stupidly fold a weak king and save us half the pot.

Soh 11-07-2005 08:33 PM

I miss read the hand. I thought the other guy bet the turn.

W. Deranged 11-07-2005 08:50 PM

Dave,

My preferred line is a turn stop'n'go. Barring that, a river check-raise is really hot.

I hope you guys enjoyed AC. Was this game the 20, 40, or 80?

Carmine 11-07-2005 09:12 PM

The only reason I can see to C/R the river rather than C/Call is to represent trips and get a better K to fold. However most are in agreement that a K would not check this turn. I do agree that it would be silly for K to check the turn even if he has kicker concerns when he could take a free showdown at the river if Hero calls a turn bet.

Thing is we really can't be sure villian does not check a weak K on the turn and the raise on the river even though usually meaningless may help eliminate a chop situation. I doubt it gets a better K to fold, but it is much, much, much, less likely that KJ would ever check through the turn so I think it would be a very rare situation when we cost ourselves a bet from KJ.

Check-raise river looks good IMO.

thejameser 11-07-2005 09:13 PM

nice play