Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   5-10 NL Live QQ Preflop decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398369)

FreakDaddy 12-14-2005 04:48 PM

Re: 5-10 NL Live QQ Preflop decision

[ QUOTE ]
I've definitely played in 5-10 where this is an insta all in.

Don't get me wrong, there are tables and situations where I will fold QQ preflop. Online, I will clearly fold QQ preflop in a situation like this. But there are definitely times I will push here, this seems to be one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're at a table full of donks? Insta-muck.

BobboFitos 12-14-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, there are tables and situations where I will fold QQ preflop. Online, I will clearly fold QQ preflop in a situation like this. But there are definitely times I will push here, this seems to be one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

clear all in

joshgill17 12-14-2005 05:16 PM

As it turned out i folded and so did the initial raiser. However i do think it is a close Push/Fold decision. I thought i was ahead 60% of the time based on my reads. However this was one of my first sessions playing up at 5-10NL and I decided i wasn't going to risk most of what i was up (60BB) on this one hand. With a more sufficient bankroll to play 5-10NL I would have made the call.

Button won the pot with JJ against SB's unimproved AKs. Initial raiser said he mucked 10's.

FreakDaddy 12-14-2005 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clear all in

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you being serious? If so please explain.

Percula 12-14-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clear all in

[/ QUOTE ]

Double ditto... not even close.

swarm 12-14-2005 05:53 PM

It's only 50 big blinds, this is a tremendously loose table, you have a shortstack trying to isolate another shortstack, this could be a very wide range considering that the bigger shorstack is pushing from the SB. You say you have a great read that the original bettor is folding.

I'm very surprised with your table description you folded actually.

joshgill17 12-16-2005 03:18 PM

Thanks for the replies. Given my circumstances and the fact that I was at the end of my session does anyone else fold and call it a night being up 60BB. Can someone run these hands through pokerstove to see the preflop %'s to win? Based on my reads I thought i was ahead of both about 60-65% of the time. If i'm only ~ 40% to win this at showdown vs. JJ and AK does this make my lay down more sane?

Thoughts?

Percula 12-16-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. Given my circumstances and the fact that I was at the end of my session does anyone else fold and call it a night being up 60BB.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If you are playing for a living, this line of thought has merit, i.e. that 60BB profit is the difference betweening making the monthly bills or not.

But for a recreational player or part time player, this is a bad line of thought to get into. You should be focusing on making the best posible play on each and every hand. Not banking a winning session. Thinking of leaving should only enter your mind when either you just simply want to leave or the game has in some way changed making it -EV to stay in it. OK, I will add one more and that is when you have been running really bad for several sessions, banking a winning session may do wonders for your moral and improve your overall game.

I think as you get more live experience this type of situation will not be so tough for you. There is no subsitute for having played a lot of hands live. People just flat out play differently than your typical Internet player.

PokerFink 12-17-2005 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a solid read that the initial raiser was folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this makes it a push.

flawless_victory 12-17-2005 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clear all in

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you being serious? If so please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]
hahaha... doesnt it suck when you spout off about how obvious the correct play is only to found out u are wromg?

this is such an easy allin... yaaaawn.
if youre going to fold here, just play in a smaller game.