Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Pic of Greg & Matusow After Play Ended (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292572)

Stipe_fan 07-14-2005 09:43 AM

Re: Pic of Greg & Matusow After Play Ended

[ QUOTE ]
At least Matusow can be an entertaining dick, Arieh was just a dick, period. (edit: based on televised comments I mean, I don't know any of 'em of course )

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

sekrah 07-14-2005 09:56 AM

Arieh is a punk, in the same mold as Paul Phillips.. Arrogant, egotistical, and no respect for the game.

Atleast Hellmuth (everybody's favorite punching bag) and Matusow have a sense of humor.

Rekwob 07-14-2005 09:58 AM

the reason arieh said this to williams was to fire him up a bit, williams had been playing to progress up the payscale for some time, and arieh was worried he wouldnt really try heads up. obviously what he said had no effect, as williams settled for second pretty quickly.

as for demetriou, what you said is true, its just an image that he tries to give out at the table, nothing more than that, raymer and demetriou have said as much

swarm 07-14-2005 10:02 AM

I always thought the comments by Mike in last years WSOP were so overblown... When he made them it was nothing personal against raymer, they were battleing for table control and mike was trying to intimidate and rile him up... that backfired obviously as Raymer showed he wouldn't back down and pushed on a heavy draw... Mike made a bad call and the rest is history.

Sure is he a cocky prick sometimes but there is always an added amount of playful humor in there, not straightforward berrating that arieh was dishing out.

Rick Nebiolo 07-14-2005 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What did Arieh say to Williams after he was eliminated last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Bust this motherfucker." I'm not sure if Raymer heard it at the time or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg saw it on the TV broadcast and according to old threads I believe Greg indicated that he didn't take what Josh said personally and considers him a decent guy with ESPN assigning him the roll of the bad guy.

~ Rick

Quad_Damage 07-14-2005 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg saw it on the TV broadcast and according to old threads I believe Greg indicated that he didn't take what Josh said personally and considers him a decent guy with ESPN assigning him the roll of the bad guy.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

That was really stupid on their part. They should live piss-poor reality television to MTV.

durron597 07-14-2005 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by "aggro game"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing lots of pots, accumulating chips by playing aggro and picking up the small pots.

Quad_Damage 07-14-2005 10:40 AM

Does typing out the word "aggressive" cause cancer or something? Every time someone types aggro all I get are visions of Mike O'Malley screaming into a microphone.

miajag81 07-14-2005 10:41 AM

Huh? Sure, Paul Phillips seems pretty egotistical, but I'd say he has a much better sense of humor than Hellmuth.

sekrah 07-14-2005 10:44 AM

Phil will atleast laugh at himself and self-deficate himself when he's not in the heat of battle.

Paul Phillips is Lord Poker 24/7, On or Off the table.