Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Finley to the Spurs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327009)

Aytumious 09-01-2005 02:45 AM

Re: Finley to the Spurs

[ QUOTE ]

Larry hughes' 04-05 season: 22.0 ppg 4.7 rpg 3.4 apg 2.89 spg. Michael Finley put up some pretty good numbers but I don't think you can call him great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finley had multiple seasons like the one you cite from Hughes. What is your point?

SammyKid11 09-01-2005 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Michael Finley put up some pretty good numbers but I don't think you can call him great.

[/ QUOTE ]
if your fantasy is to be stoned to death then say this in dallas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto this. In addition to his numbers, he helped rebuild one of the 5 worst franchises in the NBA into one of the 5 best. He stuck it out through the horrible years, and I don't blame him a bit for signing with the Spurs. He didn't want to leave the Mavs, he wanted his ring to really mean something (like, "this is my team, and I was integral to our championship). But Cuban didn't give him that option (not that I blame Cubes for dumping 51 million in salary cap), so more power to Fin...if the Mavs or Rockets can't get a ring next season, I hope he and NVE do.

But don't dare call him not great...and when Larry Hughes has done for an entire career what Finley has done, on a personal statistical and team success level...then I'll call him a Great as well.

AngryCola 09-01-2005 03:35 AM

As a Mavs fan, I can only say that the Spurs are pure evil.
However, at least the Suns didn't get him. That would have been even tougher for me to stomach.

SammyKid11 09-01-2005 04:30 AM

Well, of course the Spurs are pure evil -- they're the Evil Empire of the NBA, and I hate them with deep and unbridled passion. However...with both Fin and Van Exel, two guys I have a great amount of respect and admiration for, I'll say this...if the Mavs are eliminated and the Spurs find themselves playing the Heat or Pistons or Suns or someone else I don't care about in the slightest, I'll root for the Spurs just so Fin and Van Exel have a shot at a title (also, I still love Robert Horry...met him a couple times during the Rockets championship runs).

Anyway...nothing about this that doesn't stink. What's worse is that this season, instead of Finley, we have pussy-whipped Doug Christie. YUCK -- quit doing hand signs to your ugly-ass wife 657 times each game...and what disease does he have, exactly? I suppose I'll have to root for him, but I won't like it.

ThaSaltCracka 09-01-2005 06:08 PM

The Spurs are pure evil? Wtf?

SomethingClever 09-01-2005 07:29 PM

Ship it.

SomethingClever 09-01-2005 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, of course the Spurs are pure evil -- they're the Evil Empire of the NBA

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaaaaat? No.

Either the Lakers or the Knicks are the Evil Empire of the NBA. Not the damn Spurs.

AngryCola 09-01-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Mavs fan, so of course the Spurs are pure evil from my distorted perspective.

SomethingClever 09-01-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Mavs fan, so of course the Spurs are pure evil from my distorted perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's understandable.

But the other guy who said they are the evil empire is way wrong.

Non_Comformist 09-01-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's understandable.

But the other guy who said they are the evil empire is way wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one evil empire in sports and that is the Yankees.

If there was a team that could be considered an evil empire in the NBA it would have to be the Lakers but really they are nowhere near the Yankees because of the salary cap.

btw I am both a Yankees and Lakers fan.