Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   $3/6. AA check (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392601)

ahnuld 12-06-2005 01:08 PM

Re: $3/6. AA check

Yeah, I was wondering about the action, given that sb called you pf. I like more money on the flop, then the pot is bigger on the turn and you can commit yourself (which you want) on the river, I guess your be is okay from a passive calling station, and I cant see many hands holding a nine, but if he is loose, maybe I check since 9T suited is a possibility for bad opponents. But I probably bet too.

barongreenback 12-06-2005 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you put villian on here? Something like 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10x?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about that kind of hand and I reckon he would call with that. When a big raise gets called preflop I naturally think about pairs but this situation was different. He had a big stack and my raise probably didn't seem that big to him. He could have a big range.

I normally bet the pot on the flop but my hand wasn't as vulnerable as most one pair hands and I didn't want to lose a small FD because of the potential payoff. Also, villain had shown willingness to draw to bluffs and bluff big and I wanted to leave that door open.

James

Bukem_ 12-06-2005 01:14 PM

I don't like it in general after preflop.

Bet more on the flop.

Consider a cr all in on the turn. The guy will bluff, let him.

On river I definitely don't like a push as played. Its now way to obvious you have an overpair, doubtful he calls you with a worse hand. Check, let him bluff the nine.

Why are so many people putting him on TT-QQ? He is loose, calling with any two to get lucky. THese guys make money when you over play your hands, even though they typically draw incorrectly.

12-06-2005 01:32 PM

It's hard to check raise when you're last to act.

Bukem_ 12-06-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to check raise when you're last to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh, way its posted really looks like hero is first to act.

I just blast it every time vs this guy then.

Wayfare 12-06-2005 01:58 PM

Your river play sort of makes it hard for opponent to make any mistake.

barongreenback 12-07-2005 05:54 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I have pretty bad instincts when it comes to value betting the river. I still haven't got limit out of my blood. I usually decide too much on emotions (scared or worried about being weak) instead of doing what I should be doing.

Once he just called the turn I was confident I was ahead. The 9 is a problem on the river but his check makes it less likely he has it. His lack of aggression suggests he has something to show down which increases the chance of a call. So I'm usually ahead but it's hard to believe a decent player calls much with a worse hand.

Anyway, he thought awhile and called with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I got the read I was looking for! I think that most of the time he wouldn't call with such a hand but just at that particular moment he didn't care too much about the money. Note that even with my smaller flop bet and a reasonable hand he didn't play back at me.

Whether I bet more early on depends on whether I intend to get away from the hand unimproved. Vs a wide range my hand does need protection from random 2 pair suckouts if I’m going to payoff. The majority of my stack went in at the river which I don’t like. Still don’t know about the river.

James

xorbie 12-07-2005 11:25 AM

If this guy is really loose and a big bluffer I see no harm in checking the turn. We're looking at like 4 outs most hands have, and unless he's *really* loose I just can't imagine him calling two big bets here with a poor pair and a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. That river bet looks terrible unless this guy is a major calling station.

Hattifnatt 12-07-2005 12:11 PM

I check behind on the turn.