Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Why I switched to Party (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=264303)

jcm4ccc 06-02-2005 01:00 PM

Re: Why I switched to Party

[ QUOTE ]
Come on... Many people here advocated folding Jacks in EP early in a Party SNG. You think they're gonna be thrilled with limp-call with 5s?

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my prediction.

kyro 06-02-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I had the odds to call, I dont mind playing with a short stack and I'll probably fold 27 out of the next 29 hands anyways. If I hit the set and can double up, then I'm cruising to the money. Plus, there was no chance of a reraise after me as I'm last to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

The others are swaying me. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I make this call in a flash at 55s and higher (1000 chip starting stack), but I'm afraid you're weakening yourself early here.

spentrent 06-02-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on... Many people here advocated folding Jacks in EP early in a Party SNG. You think they're gonna be thrilled with limp-call with 5s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully those weakies will stay out of this thread. If you have to let 15 chips die because someone raises it a bunch behind you, big [censored] deal.

I'd rather raise JJ in EP but I'm on an aggro streak lately.

tech 06-02-2005 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many people here advocated folding Jacks in EP early in a Party SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow ... and I thought I was tight.

Freudian 06-02-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on... Many people here advocated folding Jacks in EP early in a Party SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like a link to the topic where that is said.

Jman28 06-02-2005 01:43 PM

*deleted because you posted a link*

dhende3 06-02-2005 01:44 PM

He is getting almost 7 to 1 pot odds and it is 7.5 to 1 to hit a set (the only way I would EVER stay in this hand post flop). I am folding pre-flop every time here, the extra 55 is more important to my folding equity in level 4 than chasing a set and hoping to get paid off level 1. Situations like these are very rare.

jeffraider 06-02-2005 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nah, he was getting 5-1 pot odds, that plus implied more than covers his set odds. I call this all day. Then again, I'm a luckbox :-P

[/ QUOTE ]

He's calling off just under 1/10 of his stack on the sole chance of hitting a set. It's not a terrible call, but it's not one I'd particularly make with 800 stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. I'd probably fold preflop but I don't think limp-calling with these odds is bad.

NYCNative 06-02-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Here you go

Not ALL people said to fold them, but enough did... And I can't see those people any more thrilled with 5s.

MentalCombat 06-02-2005 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Here you go

Not ALL people said to fold them, but enough did... And I can't see those people any more thrilled with 5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt fold the JJ either, but some people would be more apt to call the 55 because there are already 5 people in the pot which helps your set odds vs. pot odds a lot.