Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What can you do wrong at Sit&Gos??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=255461)

lorinda 05-19-2005 07:46 PM

Re: What can you do wrong at Sit&Gos???

Sorry for dumb question, but what constitutes a "big" stack? How many XBB?

There is no magic formula.

Say it 100 times, then write it 100 times.

There is no magic formula.

A big stack is a stack that is big.

When you understand why I've made this post, you'll be a better player. (And I like your posts in general, and your avatar even more, but the time for realism has arrived)

Lori

Atropos 05-20-2005 04:30 AM

"i'm getting really [censored] sick of people just going "is it all just variance."

Yes me too. Thats why I tried to word point a) in a way thats purely ironical.

However english is not my natural language, thats why nobody understands my posts.

I want to repost my questions with less words:

b) Show me some of your level 1-3 stats plz.

c) Most of the Bubble Play is easy:
Open-Pushing all-in and Calling all-in on the BB is simple math.

But something is difficult:

1. Pushing against limpers
2. Pushing against minraisers
Both variations include players yet to act!

Give me an easy way to compute 1. and 2. plz

d) If you have clearly above average chips in level 3:

YOU: 1500 Rest of the table average: 722

Your additional chips give you no "double-up" value. Gigabet said he likes to gamble with his extra-chips.
Is this sound advice even for poker mortals like me?

e) If you had a bad beat and you are down to 300 chips in level 2 or level 3.

Now your Equity% of the prize pool is very low.
If you lose, you can start a new sit&go where you got full equity.
Is that a reason to gamble?

Atropos 05-20-2005 04:42 AM

Ah and on a related note: PLZ PLZ dont judge me by post count or poorness of language. In a few days I will be here for 1 year and I have read most of the FAQs, famous threads, poker books etc...

If you want to write something obvious, dont. I know all the simple things. Try to read my poor sentences, read them a second time, see if you understand what I mean and if you cant give an answer then dont post "no, you cant do this", rather post:

no, because your $EV with big stack is X and gaining Y chips to have an X2 stack is not worth the risk p(y) because ICM says that 100 chips gained < 100 chips lost. However bigger stack = bigger fold equity = more push opportunities --> some implied EV etc...

DasLeben 05-20-2005 04:44 AM

Meh. 175 SNGs is nothing. I'm down (-8% ROI) over my last 130, and eastbay's prog says I rule at life. Obviously there is much more to it than that, but I feel as though I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to these things. *shrugs*

raptor517 05-20-2005 05:24 AM

over my last 175 sngs, i have a -21.4% roi with a 31.2% itm. over the 175 before that, i had a +29.6% roi with a 42.8% itm. what does this tell you? it tells me that im a swingy bastard that probably doesnt have a clue about how to play. or i am really awful, but got really lucky. or that i am really awesome, but couldnt WIN A DAMN SHOWDOWN FOR TWO DAYS STRAIGHT. yea. it can mean a lot of things. im not gonna tell you to come back when u have 5k sngs or anything, but come back when you have 10k sngs. holla

Atropos 05-20-2005 05:40 AM

I'm not interested in talking about variance, swings etc... It is obvious. I would appreciate if someone actually read what I wrote before posting.

raptor517 05-20-2005 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not interested in talking about variance

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
a) Is it all variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

really?

Atropos 05-20-2005 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not interested in talking about variance

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
a) Is it all variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

really?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Thats why I tried to word point a) in a way thats purely ironical.

However english is not my natural language, thats why nobody understands my posts. "

I now see my first post was worded to complex and poorly. That's why I made a clarification post maybe 3 or 4 posts above this one. But that doesnt seem to work, because everybody uses the threatened view and skips all my posts.

uphigh_downlow 05-20-2005 06:43 AM

You are asking very general questions and there is little to be learnt from any answer to those.

The only truthful answer is that there is no single answer. And if there were, do you think these guys would divulge it so easily.

If it was so easy to compute the things that you want, there would have been several very succesful bots, against who you would have little if any chance.

Blarg 05-20-2005 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah and on a related note: PLZ PLZ dont judge me by post count or poorness of language. In a few days I will be here for 1 year and I have read most of the FAQs, famous threads, poker books etc...

If you want to write something obvious, dont. I know all the simple things. Try to read my poor sentences, read them a second time, see if you understand what I mean and if you cant give an answer then dont post "no, you cant do this", rather post:

no, because your $EV with big stack is X and gaining Y chips to have an X2 stack is not worth the risk p(y) because ICM says that 100 chips gained < 100 chips lost. However bigger stack = bigger fold equity = more push opportunities --> some implied EV etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your English is fine. Everyone's could always be better, but yours is better than the English of many Americans, so you don't need to worry about that too much. If your questions are not clear, it's because of the thinking behind them, not the language. If you need to take more time to come up with good questions, it's because you need to think about them more, not find better words for them.

And they're not that bad anyway.

I would suggest asking fewer questions per post. That makes things less confusing and more focussed. Making more posts with fewer questions in each of them will probably get you more and better answers.

And, yes, you haven't played a lot of games to be drawing conclusions from. For instance, 69 20+2's? One or two first places more or less would have a huge affect on your ROI.